User Info.
No Avatar Selected
all he had to say was "bitch do you know who the fuck i am?!"

silly cops, Blink 182 are huge. should know who TB is by now
12:37 PM on 10/22/12
IV.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I mean it sucks if he feels he's being profiled and it fucked up his day but there are black people in nice cars that are pulled over what seem like no reason too. But i also dont agree with some of the crap said in this thread about him "looking like a gangster or gang-member" because I've known cops with full sleeves and Ive know gang members with not one damn tattoo. These cops need to find other reasons to pull someone over other than what they appears to be.
01:01 PM on 10/22/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
You and other people gave him the name "celebrity" Im sure if you asked him what he was he would say a normal guy that plays music. People forget that these "celebrities" are human. And he was just going off about something that makes him mad. Like a normal human being is allowed to do.

His 1 million+ Twitter followers disagree. He's in a place of influence, and it annoys me that people don't pay attention to what they're saying that may affect those who look up to them. Disrespect for authorities is not something I'd promote. He has every right to feel cheated/abused/picked on, but did he really have to make it public?

He's more than welcome to have an opinion, and I in no way meant to insult his humanity. It's just an annoyance to me.

That is a ridiculously ignorant opinion. So is it alright to stereotype people too because stereotypes hold true "most" of the time according to your "logic"? People shouldn't have to fear being questioned by police because of how they look. If you aren't guilty of anything, it's pretty embarrassing/a big inconvenience to be questioned by police for no reason other than you look "suspicious". You obviously don't understand because you are sheltered and don't understand how things work in the real world. Put the shoe on the other foot and you probably wouldn't be making such a blasphemous statement.

Blasphemous? At what point did I insult a religious deity?

I understand that many people who look threatening/dangerous are actually great people, but the stats show that there is a certain type of person who is more likely to be involved in criminal activities. When you look at the pictures of convicts, patterns begin to show up. People much smarter than you and I have gone through mountains of data and come up with various signs of potential threats.

Think of it this way: what if he was guilty of something? What if they stopped him en route to commit a crime? Wouldn't you want them to have pulled him over, seen warning signs, and then proceed to search him?

Regardless, they didn't stop him because he had tattoos--they stopped him because he didn't have a license plate. It was only after that point that they found reason to search and question him.

As for your attack on my character, I'll let that slide because you don't know me or what kind of life I've lived. Want to keep guessing?

Serious or sarcastic?

Cops are assholes most of the time. Get a clue man...

With that being said Travis Barker is taking this like a little bitch

There are some bad cops, but they are nowhere near the majority. Most cops are doing their job--protecting those they serve.
01:04 PM on 10/22/12
xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
fuck the police
01:05 PM on 10/22/12
ratmachine182
http://www.twitter.com/reiandcoke
User Info.
Cops are assholes most of the time. Get a clue man...

With that being said Travis Barker is taking this like a little bitch

Exactly. He sounds like an over-privileged self-entitled teenager. Driving without front plates is stupid. Get a front fucking license plate like the rest of the sentient populace. If I'm not mistaken this happened to him a few years back for having overly tinted windows. Again, if you are a fully functioning member of society you should know that this makes it look like you are trying to hide something and begging to be pulled over and searched.

/rant
01:19 PM on 10/22/12
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
User Info.
Ok.
01:19 PM on 10/22/12
tdlyon
User Info.
I think the thing we're all missing is that Travis Barker used words! WORDS!
01:20 PM on 10/22/12
blackmold
Bro
User Info.
He was a huge bitch over this stupid thing. Just stick to playing drums, man.
01:26 PM on 10/22/12
jonwangcb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If they weren't "accusing him" then why did they detain him and search his car...?
Could be for a variety of different reasons. This is just my guess, based off of his "rant": They asked him if he had drugs or weapons, he gave the cops an attitude, this led them to believe he might be hiding something, so they searched his car. Pretty much standard procedure if the person gives reason to be suspicious.
01:30 PM on 10/22/12
ratmachine182
http://www.twitter.com/reiandcoke
User Info.
Could be for a variety of different reasons. This is just my guess, based off of his "rant": They asked him if he had drugs or weapons, he gave the cops an attitude, this led them to believe he might be hiding something, so they searched his car. Pretty much standard procedure if the person gives reason to be suspicious.

Agreed. He seems to jump on the defensive really quick. I've seen him talk with a standoffish attitude in interviews for utterly no reason. If I was a cop and somebody (driving with no front plate) decided to give me an ounce of lip, I would have no problem straightening him out with a full search. Also neck tattoos don't help anybody's cause. It's not so much profiling as it is common sense that neck tattoos = trouble (or at the very least neck tattoos = people dumb enough to get them)
01:48 PM on 10/22/12
wtfjaked
Tortoise Tamer
User Info.
Agreed. He seems to jump on the defensive really quick. I've seen him talk with a standoffish attitude in interviews for utterly no reason. If I was a cop and somebody (driving with no front plate) decided to give me an ounce of lip, I would have no problem straightening him out with a full search. Also neck tattoos don't help anybody's cause. It's not so much profiling as it is common sense that neck tattoos = trouble (or at the very least neck tattoos = people dumb enough to get them)
You'll probably get a lot of shit for the neck tattoos remark, but I agree. They're stupid.
02:25 PM on 10/22/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Dear Travis,

You do indeed look like an idiot. You should be glad you don't end up in a road side ditch because people want to see how tough you are.
03:08 PM on 10/22/12
shoop
User Info.
Dear Travis,

You do indeed look like an idiot. You should be glad you don't end up in a road side ditch because people want to see how tough you are.
i'm not too sure about how you look, nor do I give the slightest fuck.. but you indeed sound like an idiot.
03:11 PM on 10/22/12
shoop
User Info.
/thread
04:05 PM on 10/22/12
Acad08
@explorerbri
User Info.
Travis Barker did not seem like a very nice or cool guy when I met him. However, Mark was GREAT!
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums