Displaying user's 17 posts
09:08 AM on 10/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
And the world turns....
09:32 AM on 10/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
The extent of Taylor coverage on this site is really, really weird.
09:54 AM on 10/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
its really only me posting stuff about her. plus her album is my AOTY.

So it's the only album you've listened to this year, or...?
10:05 AM on 10/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
lol @ people saying this album isn't good.

Ha
10:54 AM on 10/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Awesome for her. Well deserved. Album is excellent.

Willing to bet if people put aside preconceived notions of her and gave it a listen, they'd at least see growth. Not guaranteeing you will love it, but at the least you should respect what she's done with this album rather than blindly pass judgment.

Ha you say the same thing in every thread. You know, some people just don't like it because.
11:41 AM on 10/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Heard it? Then don't hate it.

Don't get why people get so mad that she's selling well. Everyone says "oh well so and so deserves these numbers" and then that band does get big while everyone complains they've sold out. Be happy people are buying music and hush.

I'm sorry, you lost me. When did I make any of these complaints you just listed?

My fitst comment in here was basically saying "that figures"
11:54 AM on 10/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Not you. Speaking in general. I just quoted you back because you called attention to me saying the same thing in another thread. My answer to you is you cannot hate something you have not tried, especially something that people are willing to testify as vastly different from what you would not expect. Hating her for fairy tale imagery and such is not valid anymore, as she has moved away from that on Red. It'd be like hating Brand New for making pop punk on YFW. Not comparing Swift and BN's shifts of styles, obviously BN takes the cake, but you must see my point.

The other portion is just me upset with people whining over how people don't buy music. Here, people buy music. NOW we're mad it's not the right music. It's neverending. None of which is directed at you, you're a victim of my general rant, ha

Her selling this many records is just fine and dandy, albeit expected. She could sell 10 million and I'd still have the same feeling about the sales aspect of it. I'm a huge supporter of supporting artists by buying records - I need to be.

But that's also one side of the issue. The other side is that I would never listen to her music because it's not for me, both lyrically and musically. That's it.
01:34 PM on 10/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
jason's hate for taylor makes next to no sense. it's super irri-tate-ing

Why
01:36 PM on 10/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
She implied that feminism was about men vs. women and the fact that her parents taught her that women can work as hard as men and do just as well, which is a lie since most have to work harder for the same recognition. Which I guess is her parents fault on that one. I honestly don't think she gives feminism a second thought. Like, it probably doesn't concern her because she will never have to experience the wage gap or anything, and I doubt her parents ever educated her on the subject. I don't think she's a bad person or like "anit-woman" for that or anything... I just wish she would've said something a bit better, or just nothing at all like she usually does when she's asked those kinds of questions.

Multi millionaires don't need to give a fuck about feminism.
01:37 PM on 10/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I'm obviously being facetious, but seriously...she doesn't have to care or be politically correct.
01:54 PM on 10/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I just found the question to be incredibly off base anyways.. what kind of answer would that person expect? "No actually I think women should be submissive to men?" Of course she's going to deter from the actual question, give a vague PC answer that is edgy enough to anger both a chauvinist and a feminist so that she can dangle her opinion on the thin line.

That's also how she panders to multiple demographics.
01:55 PM on 10/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Unless Kanye's involved.

Kanye West does not care about white girls.
02:02 PM on 10/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8538831/taylor-swift-officially-assumes-pop-center-new-album-red
02:08 PM on 10/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
wtf pop music making so much sales its like its popular wtf wack as shit yo

Fat stacks of Cheddar, yo!
02:39 PM on 10/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
^Best George Harrison song.

Yes or My sweet Lord

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News