Username
Password
Record Sales News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 128.
10:53 AM on 10/23/12
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
Good for her. I don't really care for her, but it's pretty funny how people are getting upset about this in here

Also, someone in the Papa John's post mentioned that they saw that RITE AID was selling the album. I can now confirm this, as I saw their digital sign advertising it this morning...
10:54 AM on 10/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Awesome for her. Well deserved. Album is excellent.

Willing to bet if people put aside preconceived notions of her and gave it a listen, they'd at least see growth. Not guaranteeing you will love it, but at the least you should respect what she's done with this album rather than blindly pass judgment.

Ha you say the same thing in every thread. You know, some people just don't like it because.
11:04 AM on 10/23/12
DeathOrGlory
I'm not fucked, not quite
User Info.
I may not have liked a single song I've heard from it but good for her.
11:12 AM on 10/23/12
xName Takenx
User Info.
didn't lady gaga buy a fuckton of her albums off amazon to boost sales??

anybody else remember hearing about that??
11:15 AM on 10/23/12
Qadriyyah
Yeah, that girl...
User Info.

No she didn't.
11:16 AM on 10/23/12
lordchamberlain
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"surpass lady gaga's mark" of what? what mark? how vague.
11:19 AM on 10/23/12
parkerisjolley
User Info.

amazon had a promotion for that album the week it came out where they charged like $3 for it or some ridiculously low price. which is one reason why it sold as much as it did. I think after that the soundscan people said for it count it has to cost $5 or more
11:27 AM on 10/23/12
JunkBondTrader
Judas seems sincere...
User Info.
really good album.
11:41 AM on 10/23/12
Qadriyyah
Yeah, that girl...
User Info.
She sold like 300k from that Amazon deal, so not even half came from it.also, she personally bought like 1k on her own to give away, so if she had done neither of those she still probably would have done a million.

exactly
11:41 AM on 10/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Heard it? Then don't hate it.

Don't get why people get so mad that she's selling well. Everyone says "oh well so and so deserves these numbers" and then that band does get big while everyone complains they've sold out. Be happy people are buying music and hush.

I'm sorry, you lost me. When did I make any of these complaints you just listed?

My fitst comment in here was basically saying "that figures"
11:42 AM on 10/23/12
Freshman15Davey
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is one of my favorite records by her. Mainly due to the many types of music on it. It has some semi country, typical acoustic pop she's done before, some really pop stuff with a hint of dub step, and even some indie shit. I think it's awesome!
11:52 AM on 10/23/12
providence36
generator ^ first floor
User Info.
This is one of my favorite records by her. Mainly due to the many types of music on it. It has some semi country, typical acoustic pop she's done before, some really pop stuff with a hint of dub step, and even some indie shit. I think it's awesome!
agreed, makes the album fun to listen to. she's managed to get a ridiculously diverse fan base so good on her.
11:52 AM on 10/23/12
firewater
the ransom
User Info.
Good for her, but just like with Lady Gaga; they do these promotional deals that sell albums for much cheaper than other artists do and as a result sell many more copies.
11:54 AM on 10/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Not you. Speaking in general. I just quoted you back because you called attention to me saying the same thing in another thread. My answer to you is you cannot hate something you have not tried, especially something that people are willing to testify as vastly different from what you would not expect. Hating her for fairy tale imagery and such is not valid anymore, as she has moved away from that on Red. It'd be like hating Brand New for making pop punk on YFW. Not comparing Swift and BN's shifts of styles, obviously BN takes the cake, but you must see my point.

The other portion is just me upset with people whining over how people don't buy music. Here, people buy music. NOW we're mad it's not the right music. It's neverending. None of which is directed at you, you're a victim of my general rant, ha

Her selling this many records is just fine and dandy, albeit expected. She could sell 10 million and I'd still have the same feeling about the sales aspect of it. I'm a huge supporter of supporting artists by buying records - I need to be.

But that's also one side of the issue. The other side is that I would never listen to her music because it's not for me, both lyrically and musically. That's it.
11:59 AM on 10/23/12
bradfoshoo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Just goes to show that with enough marketing and people behind the scenes, any talentless hack can succeed.

this is just beyond stupid.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests