Username
Password
Record Sales News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 128.
12:51 PM on 10/23/12
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
Good for her. Now she should invest some of her millions into hiring a teacher to tell her what feminism means. Still pressed about that.

The album is good though. I think it's awesome that she can sell so much in this day and age. Her promo is every where. Like, they were not gonna let this flop no matter what. I still don't have the bonus tracks though. All the links I've found have had them as well as the entire album and I don't wanna dl the entire thing again because I am lazy. I heard the acoustic State of Grace is fantastic.
12:55 PM on 10/23/12
PermanentTourists
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
At least i have her first three albums cause this one sucks.
01:05 PM on 10/23/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
Good for her. Now she should invest some of her millions into hiring a teacher to tell her what feminism means. Still pressed about that.

The album is good though. I think it's awesome that she can sell so much in this day and age. Her promo is every where. Like, they were not gonna let this flop no matter what. I still don't have the bonus tracks though. All the links I've found have had them as well as the entire album and I don't wanna dl the entire thing again because I am lazy. I heard the acoustic State of Grace is fantastic.

She actually sings it without that country accent. I was pleasantly surprised.
01:08 PM on 10/23/12
asthenia*
Never to see any other way...
User Info.
jason's hate for taylor makes next to no sense. it's super irri-tate-ing
01:09 PM on 10/23/12
narca9
killed the beast!
User Info.
Imagine if this was 1999, she would have opened at mult-iplatnum.
01:12 PM on 10/23/12
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
It was a quote pulled out of context. She was more or less getting at there are no differences between men and women, in that women can do anything men can do.
She implied that feminism was about men vs. women and the fact that her parents taught her that women can work as hard as men and do just as well, which is a lie since most have to work harder for the same recognition. Which I guess is her parents fault on that one. I honestly don't think she gives feminism a second thought. Like, it probably doesn't concern her because she will never have to experience the wage gap or anything, and I doubt her parents ever educated her on the subject. I don't think she's a bad person or like "anit-woman" for that or anything... I just wish she would've said something a bit better, or just nothing at all like she usually does when she's asked those kinds of questions.
01:34 PM on 10/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.

Why
01:36 PM on 10/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
She implied that feminism was about men vs. women and the fact that her parents taught her that women can work as hard as men and do just as well, which is a lie since most have to work harder for the same recognition. Which I guess is her parents fault on that one. I honestly don't think she gives feminism a second thought. Like, it probably doesn't concern her because she will never have to experience the wage gap or anything, and I doubt her parents ever educated her on the subject. I don't think she's a bad person or like "anit-woman" for that or anything... I just wish she would've said something a bit better, or just nothing at all like she usually does when she's asked those kinds of questions.

Multi millionaires don't need to give a fuck about feminism.
01:36 PM on 10/23/12
dan.is.empire
I Am Empire / Dan
User Info.
Incredible, people are finally BUYING albums again.
01:37 PM on 10/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I'm obviously being facetious, but seriously...she doesn't have to care or be politically correct.
01:40 PM on 10/23/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Me not liking average female vocalists that write bad, boring, songs makes no sense to you? Sorry.
01:40 PM on 10/23/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I'm obviously being facetious, but seriously...she doesn't have to care or be politically correct.
Unless Kanye's involved.
01:54 PM on 10/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I just found the question to be incredibly off base anyways.. what kind of answer would that person expect? "No actually I think women should be submissive to men?" Of course she's going to deter from the actual question, give a vague PC answer that is edgy enough to anger both a chauvinist and a feminist so that she can dangle her opinion on the thin line.

That's also how she panders to multiple demographics.
01:55 PM on 10/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Unless Kanye's involved.

Kanye West does not care about white girls.
02:02 PM on 10/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8538831/taylor-swift-officially-assumes-pop-center-new-album-red
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests