Username
Password
P.O.S. News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 221.
04:49 PM on 10/23/12
P.O.S DOOMTREE
Doomtree / P.O.S.
User Info.
What was the hardest thing to do while recording/writing this album?
for me, the hardest part is just letting the songs be songs.
i always want the shit to be the end all be best ever.
that is NEVER how it works. its just gotta get done.
it takes me forever to call it done.
04:50 PM on 10/23/12
P.O.S DOOMTREE
Doomtree / P.O.S.
User Info.
How do you like being a dad? Boy or girl?
i love being a dad. its way hard sometimes too. thats a given tho
04:52 PM on 10/23/12
P.O.S DOOMTREE
Doomtree / P.O.S.
User Info.
Favorite part of working with Andrew Dawson? What would you say his biggest influence on the record was?

Fantastic job with WDELH, Stef. Seriously
andrew was amazing as a producer. he was central in helping call songs done when they were.

he made it sound perfect
04:53 PM on 10/23/12
ZacksSoUgly
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
How'd the pre-order stuff with Crimethinc. come up?
04:53 PM on 10/23/12
P.O.S DOOMTREE
Doomtree / P.O.S.
User Info.
Will we ever get another Building Better Bombs album? That would be so AWESOME.
im working on that now. just writing in my room still tho
04:54 PM on 10/23/12
bendashley
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Stef, if I may,

You're one of main reasons I got into hip-hop. Never Better is by far my favorite hip-hop album and one of the most influential albums of my college years. WDELH has definitely been on heavy rotation since I've been able to hear it.

I was curious, though, about the difference in tone between the older albums and WDELH. Previously, your albums were very personal and almost... emotional, I guess? WDELH is much more conceptual and deals with bigger issues in society. Why the change? Did something happen in the past couple years that pushed these themes to the forefront?

I really appreciate you doing this, man. You're one of my musical heroes.

-Benjamin
@BenDashley
04:55 PM on 10/23/12
geetarjizosh
My god, I am not, but you are.
User Info.
Do you start with percussion for most songs and build from there? I'm sure it varies for each song but I've always been curious about your writing process.
04:55 PM on 10/23/12
P.O.S DOOMTREE
Doomtree / P.O.S.
User Info.
How'd the pre-order stuff with Crimethinc. come up?
ive been reading crimethic for a very long time. expect resistance and work were huge in the writing of this record. i just reached out to them to spread the word. they thankfully were in.
04:56 PM on 10/23/12
drewbaldy
phaynes1 sucks
User Info.
i love being a dad. its way hard sometimes too. thats a given tho

Yeah I have two daughters. Best two things that have ever happened to me. I bet its hard going on tour and especially with the health problems you're having now. You want to make it through okay 100 times more when you have a kid.

My one week old daughter helped me survive cancer. So, sob story about me over, I hope everything with your health goes okay. You're a bad mother fucker so I'm see you'll come out on top.
walshknilb281
Can't Stand Ya
User Info.
Need to see Piano Hits live, I just wanna scream tht song everytime I hear it
writethefuture
I'm not a self-help book.
User Info.
Picked up the album today from a local record store and got an extra CD case signed by you, that was awesome. Fantastic album.

I caught Doomtree in MKE on the last tour, the day after your kid was born (congratulations!). The show blew me away, so I went up to Madison to see the crew again a few weeks later - show was even better and I can only attribute that to your presence at it. Keep doing what you're doing, it's sure as hell working.

Best of luck to you, stay healthy.
04:57 PM on 10/23/12
Trio-Fi
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Audition seemed to be loosely conceptual, and Never Better had a central theme. How do you go about choosing a song order for albums? And does that affect what makes the cut to appear on an album and what doesn't?
04:58 PM on 10/23/12
P.O.S DOOMTREE
Doomtree / P.O.S.
User Info.
Stef, if I may,

You're one of main reasons I got into hip-hop. Never Better is by far my favorite hip-hop album and one of the most influential albums of my college years. WDELH has definitely been on heavy rotation since I've been able to hear it.

I was curious, though, about the difference in tone between the older albums and WDELH. Previously, your albums were very personal and almost... emotional, I guess? WDELH is much more conceptual and deals with bigger issues in society. Why the change? Did something happen in the past couple years that pushed these themes to the forefront?

I really appreciate you doing this, man. You're one of my musical heroes.

-Benjamin
@BenDashley
lots happened. a lot of us worked hard to get obama in office. only to feel fucked over by the civil liberties tossed away by the admin.

i dont know. its hard to write about my feelings about much else from how this world is.

that said, under the rarrr its still a pretty personal record, just different. i hope i can grow through everything i make.
04:59 PM on 10/23/12
P.O.S DOOMTREE
Doomtree / P.O.S.
User Info.
Do you start with percussion for most songs and build from there? I'm sure it varies for each song but I've always been curious about your writing process.
i almost always start with drums
05:00 PM on 10/23/12
P.O.S DOOMTREE
Doomtree / P.O.S.
User Info.
Audition seemed to be loosely conceptual, and Never Better had a central theme. How do you go about choosing a song order for albums? And does that affect what makes the cut to appear on an album and what doesn't?
it always does. i really like working with themes instead of having it change wildly from song to song.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests