Username
Password
Blink 182 News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 61.
06:26 PM on 10/24/12
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
How often do you hear a band and label part, and have the band say "we wish them the best of luck in the future".. Haha
06:30 PM on 10/24/12
luqmanhakim
Registered Member
User Info.
Man these guys are such All Time Low wannabe's!

I know right?!
08:22 PM on 10/24/12
stellaparkmike
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They're a big enough band that they can hold things down on their own, or have the negotiating power to have other labels fighting over them. The way majors work and take cuts from every way possible, their old deal could have not been giving them their fair share.
08:27 PM on 10/24/12
SilverThings
Some nights are red.
User Info.
I believe they will be signing Mightier than Sword and are going to be dropping the long overdue Take Off Your Pants And Jacket record.

Lolz.
09:32 PM on 10/24/12
Acad08
@explorerbri
User Info.
Go Blink!
10:24 PM on 10/24/12
IV.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
really, how dumb do you have to be to think they got dropped?

to quote the great jigga man "I don't get dropped, I drop the label"
05:21 AM on 10/25/12
Fistigons
User Info.
It's weird that this started as a blink-182 fansite and you have all these people trashing the band. Just weird.
05:25 AM on 10/25/12
Formatfun
Format, The, Format, The
User Info.
Yeah! Fuck major labels!
05:57 AM on 10/25/12
EvilZeppelin
FUZZZZZZ
User Info.
I don't understand why some people would like them sign to Hopeless... I understand there are a few great pop punk bands on their but I don't see that as a great fit nor ever happening. If they're looking for a new label I could see them looking at Epitaph before Hopeless.
06:06 AM on 10/25/12
PaintByAlbum
User Info.
Fucking Love Blink
06:27 AM on 10/25/12
HoldThatSound
racaaabeef
User Info.
It's weird that this started as a blink-182 fansite and you have all these people trashing the band. Just weird.

They are cool, give them a break
06:33 AM on 10/25/12
Nolessthanblink
Are you watching closely?
User Info.
Someone wanna paste the article in? MTV is blocked at work for some reason. Dumb
01:02 PM on 10/25/12
codeseven
rtfm
User Info.
Someone wanna paste the article in? MTV is blocked at work for some reason. Dumb
Blink-182's Tom Delonge took to his Twitter account Tuesday to break the news that the band "as of today, is an independent artist."

It was a rather unceremonious end to Blink's 15-year relationship with the Universal Music Group, which began in 1997 when they signed with MCA, stretched them through their greatest commercial successes and concluded last year, when they released their Neighborhoods album through DGC/Interscope. And given that Delonge accompanied the announcement with a photo of Mel Gibson, in full "Braveheart" makeup and mid "Freedom!" cry ... well, one could logically assume the parting was decidedly less than pleasant.

Since then, both the band and their former label have remained silent on the split (MTV News' emails to a spokesperson for Interscope were not responded to), and fans have been left to wonder what Blink's departure would mean for the follow-up to Neighborhoods, which the band has begun working on in earnest.

So on Wednesday, MTV News emailed Blink's Mark Hoppus to set the record straight. And here's his response:

"Yes indeed, we are no longer with Interscope. It's been a long, amazing journey with them, starting with Cargo records, then MCA, then Geffen, and finally Interscope, but the time has come to move on," he wrote. "The reasons for us not working together are many and varied, but mostly we wish them luck in everything in their future, and thank those there who've worked so hard on Blink-182 throughout the years."

Hoppus also added that Blink are "excited" about the next phase of their career, adding that the band plans to "continue writing through the end of the year ... and begin recording after our tour of Australia in February." And once that album is finished, Blink will weigh their options.

"As far as labels, to be honest, we've been holding our breath waiting for final word from the attorneys that our contract with Interscope had ended. Now the future's a wide-open door," Hoppus wrote. "We're lucky to be in a position where, after 20 years in our band, we can be independent and open to all options. It's a very exciting time here. I feel like our band is in the best place it's been in a long time. I mean, just look at my hair!"
04:25 PM on 10/25/12
beauvais910
User Info.
10 bucks says Rise or Hopeless signs them haha
05:40 PM on 10/25/12
fuckyourscenes
www.fuckyourscenes.com
User Info.
Well, if blink-182 has been signed for 15 years, they probably didn't have a 360 deal. So the label would most likely have seen nothing from their touring profits, besides CDs sold on the road.

I imagine the deal just ran out though.
That's what it sounds like to me.

It seems like they just had their disagreements over their contract, but nothing big enough for them to make a big deal of it and leave their label. Basically, just the regular disagreements that come between a label/band. But they're aware that they don't need a label at this time, so they'll just take their time with it.

Doesn't sound like anyone had a problem, really.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests