Username
Password

Interview - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 44 of 44.
07:44 AM on 10/27/12
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Hey Craig, I am a former A&E Editor at The Herald. Small world man!

Haha, that's awesome. How long ago were you there? We're still in the dark and dingy dungeon room below Faunce. Haha
10:25 AM on 10/27/12
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Would like to have done it, but I can't. You'll read all about it in my tell-all autobiography one day.
10:25 AM on 10/27/12
j4callen
ummm
User Info.
Haha, that's awesome. How long ago were you there? We're still in the dark and dingy dungeon room below Faunce. Haha
Haha, I actually miss that place! I graduated in 2007. Then I worked at the Gazette for a year before moving to Florida. I'm no longer in the journalism business, however. I heard that the print edition is basically dead and mostly everything is going online now. Have you had any classes with Dr. Junger? He's great.
10:26 AM on 10/27/12
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm like an Angel In The Outfield, I swoop in when in needed and carry Danny Glover to the playoffs.
10:27 AM on 10/27/12
j4callen
ummm
User Info.
Whoa you went to western too? I didn't go there but I've been on campus a bit. Don't live too far from kzoo.
Yes sir! Nice little town. Miss it sometimes. Don't miss the winters though, ha.
10:46 AM on 10/27/12
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Haha, I actually miss that place! I graduated in 2007. Then I worked at the Gazette for a year before moving to Florida. I'm no longer in the journalism business, however. I heard that the print edition is basically dead and mostly everything is going online now. Have you had any classes with Dr. Junger? He's great.

Yep, mostly online stuff now. Print once a month. The shift has allowed us to do some interesting things, but I think we're still getting used to it. I haven't had any classes with Dr. J, since I'm in the English department rather than in journalism, but he's definitely a cool guy. Was he the Herald advisor when you were there too?
01:15 PM on 10/27/12
j4callen
ummm
User Info.
Yep, mostly online stuff now. Print once a month. The shift has allowed us to do some interesting things, but I think we're still getting used to it. I haven't had any classes with Dr. J, since I'm in the English department rather than in journalism, but he's definitely a cool guy. Was he the Herald advisor when you were there too?
Right on. No, he came in right when I was leaving. I can't even remember the name of our advisor at the time but he wasn't a professor. I was on the Board of Trustees and went to the monthly meetings. It was interesting. I had a fairly controversial column, kind of like a Bill Maher sort of thing. Got a lot of heat here and there. One time a professor from a women's studies class made all 80 or so of her students write me a letter to the editor based on a joke I made in a column. I personally responded to all of them. It was an eye-opening experience to say the least, haha.
04:46 PM on 10/27/12
brighteye
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Nice dude! Yep, I'm in my fourth year and finishing up next semester. Was born in Ohio and raised in Northern Michigan, but ended up going to Western for the voice department. That whole thing kind of fell apart, so I took a different direction and now I'll be getting two degrees instead of one.

But its a pretty cool place. A bunch of very rich and lively venues downtown.

Right man I know what you mean. It's a good size town. Not too big so its overwhelming, not too crowded but enough to do so yours not bored.

Is that hookah lounge near the campus and party store place still open? That place was so chill. Smoking hookah on a couch with a game on tv and some cool acoustic bands going.
06:41 PM on 10/27/12
Mikey Paine
AP.net's registered Fullonrapist
User Info.
Christgau's review of OK Computer is hilarious, he spends just about one sentence actually talking about the music, apparently an album he "doesn't care for" gets a B-, but an album he calls a "snoozefest" gets a B? Not a fan.
12:42 AM on 10/28/12
punchlinekid182
This wind changed me
User Info.
Dre, i think your my favorite staffer.. just say'n
03:15 PM on 10/28/12
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
DOES GABE SAPORTA KNOW ABOUT THIS

jk jk love you anton
He's coming to the wedding!

Not really.
09:22 AM on 11/02/12
Kelly Doherty
@_kellydoherty for the lolz
User Info.
Edited in my answers.. Because punctuality sometimes fails me.
02:42 AM on 11/04/12
Stroke
User Info.
1. I'm very happy because you answered my questions
2. I always love reading these, I'll check part 2 tomorrow
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music