Password
Blink 182 News - Page 27
Displaying posts 390 - 393 of 393.
10:38 AM on 11/04/12
dicktony
Plots//Latecomer//etc.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You leave those saves the day records alone. They are fine the way they are.
Meh. Fine is a broad term.
10:18 PM on 11/14/12
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
"I mean, why choose to cover what's widely considered to be Blink's worst album?"

Uh, what the hell? That was NEVER the majority opinion.

Anyone who thinks a band's 6th album is "supposed" to sound like their 2nd album simply should not be in the business of making music.
03:36 PM on 11/17/12
RyanPm40
Ryan
User Info.
It makes me angry knowing that they blatantly ripped off KeezyKabeezy's idea and then listing their reasoning for making this album in a dickhead sort of way. Keezy literally said a year ago on YouTube "in case you didn't get the memo, i'm attempting to cover the new blink-182 album as if they recorded it in the 90s. working title: Neighborhoods and Morningwoods. i can't promise you i'll be able to see the project through to completion, but i'll def give it my best shot!"

It's one thing to have a similar idea as another artist, I mean there are so many blink fans out there I'm sure there are tons of people who want to cover an album of theirs, but to also steal the TITLE of the album that someone else was already working on? Dick move. And their version 1 of Up All Night sounds exactly like his.

EDIT

After that rant, I realized that KeezyKabeezy actually offerred them the name of the album, so I retract my statement haha. My bad! They probably should have given him credit on their page or bandcamp tho.

One thing that really made me laugh, though, was in an interview, one of their band members said "‘Fighting the Gravity’ is without any doubts better than Blink 182’s version in my opinion." Really? That is literally my favorite song on the entire record aside from Natives, and turning such a cool song into nothing more than crunchy, palm-muted power chords completely ruins it. Speeding up the chorus takes away the emotion that was supposed to be depicted by those lyrics.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums