Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 393
07:49 AM on 10/28/12
nrm8821
REDWOOD
User Info.
I've only listened to Ghost on the Dance Floor and it sounds like the same song just with huge sounding power chords underneath it. I mean it's not bad by any means but I personally think Neighborhoods was their second best album and a great direction for them to expand on. (Especially now that they don't have the pressure from a label behind them pressuring them) Not my second favorite though. What you consider to be a best album is not necessarily you're favorite. Even though S/T is top on both lists for me haha.
07:53 AM on 10/28/12
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
... while saying its universally accepted as their worst album? C'mon, Buddha and Cheshire Cat are garbage compared to Neighborhoods.

Have you ever listened to Chesire Cat?? It's a great mid 90s pop punk album and far from garbage.
07:54 AM on 10/28/12
xxdeadawakexx
CosmopolitanBloodloss
User Info.
Fuck this band, I don't want to hear any Swedish pop punk unless its Millencolin.
this
07:54 AM on 10/28/12
turningdrummer
User Info.
I've listened to Neighborhoods more than any of the other Blink releases, and I've had them all since their original releases. All their albums are great for the times they were released and art the points their career was at. Stop hating on a band you claim to love just because they didn't do what you thought they should; some bands still make music for themselves first.
07:59 AM on 10/28/12
fran.182
Euphoric Disconnection
User Info.
can't stand people telling bands how their music "should" sound

On their profile it says: "I mean, why choose to cover what's widely considered to be Blink's worst album?" They state that like it's a fact haha. Personally, I prefer the more experimental sound of the S/T and Neighborhoods. I hate everything about this. They've turned the songs into boring, generic pop-punk and they're speaking as if this is what the majority of fans want from blink. I'm pretty sure that these guys are actually in quite a small minority of fans who want blink to put out another album that sounds like Take Off Your Pants and Jacket. There's always that one guy who never grew up and still listens to punk music like it's the only music worth listening to...

The fact that they're selling this as well? Holy shit...

This! This! This x1000!
08:02 AM on 10/28/12
providenceis
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I really liked Neighborhoods from the first listen. I love their old sound, sure, but watching them grow up and their writing style mature has been great. These are cool covers, but I would've liked Neighborhoods less if it sounded like this.
08:02 AM on 10/28/12
Crimson_Curse
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Survie
User Info.
So dumb.
08:06 AM on 10/28/12
rickman
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
can't stand people telling bands how their music "should" sound

On their profile it says: "I mean, why choose to cover what's widely considered to be Blink's worst album?" They state that like it's a fact haha. Personally, I prefer the more experimental sound of the S/T and Neighborhoods. I hate everything about this. They've turned the songs into boring, generic pop-punk and they're speaking as if this is what the majority of fans want from blink. I'm pretty sure that these guys are actually in quite a small minority of fans who want blink to put out another album that sounds like Take Off Your Pants and Jacket. There's always that one guy who never grew up and still listens to punk music like it's the only music worth listening to...

The fact that they're selling this as well? Holy shit...
straight up messed up. how it "should" have sounded. wtf
08:08 AM on 10/28/12
Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
User Info.
Listening to this now. I think they did a terrible job with Ghost and Natives. The drums in both those songs are killer unique, but they just turned it into generic pop punk trash. Up All Night was cool. I thought they did a nice job with that. They ruined After Midnight though. Another song where the drums were great and they just turned it to shit.

Agreed with everybody else. Can't believe they're selling this.
08:09 AM on 10/28/12
botDs-r
www.twitter.com/shawnhyphenray
User Info.
Interesting concept, although I'm not sure it's legal to sell this.
yeah i'm pretty sure it's not legal. I'm sure Blink will have them take it down real soon
08:11 AM on 10/28/12
LivingTheLyrics
What you feel will rarely rhyme.
User Info.
Have you ever listened to Chesire Cat?? It's a great mid 90s pop punk album and far from garbage.
I have, and while I like a few tracks, I feel like Neighborhoods eclipses it in every way.
08:19 AM on 10/28/12
Br&New182
...survived prep school.
User Info.
the problem w/ neighborhoods isn't that it doesnn't have the pop punk sounds, its that half the songs arn't great or inspired in the first place. up all night, after midnight, kaliedoscope, wishing well, and natives are solid blink tracks...the others not so much.
08:19 AM on 10/28/12
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
User Info.
Interesting. I haven't enjoyed Neighborhoods, but i don't think anyone should say and act in favor of "What it should be like". The band decided this was the way they wanted to go, it shows growth, a change of sound, and if you're pissed with that, then bad luck for you. As short as that.
08:20 AM on 10/28/12
TorontoMatt
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Neighborhoods sucked balls. Sounded like there was no passion in the music. Mark had emotion on Stockholm Syndrome, Travis' drumming killed all over S/T, and Toms vocals couldn't be better prior to Neighborhoods.
But it's not distortion and power chords that made Neighborhoods bad...
08:23 AM on 10/28/12
Formatfun
Format, The, Format, The
User Info.
I think Blink's is better. I don't wanna hear the same old songs again with different lyrics, I wanted something new. And that's what we got.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos