AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Villagers Unveil New Track

Posted by - 08:26 AM on 10/29/12
Hit the replies to check out another new track from the forthcoming Villagers album {Awayland}. "Passing A Message" is accompanied by a new lyric video.

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
08:27 AM on 10/29/12
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
08:28 AM on 10/29/12
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
Sounds like this is gonna be pretty different from his first album
08:32 AM on 10/29/12
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Sounds like this is gonna be pretty different from his first album
For sure and intentionally so, it seems:

Quote:
So I sit down at my desk with a blank sheet of paper, a headful of ferrys and a small collection of half-written songs and all I want to do is to stretch my imagination as far as it can go. I sure as hell don't want to lose any intimacy in the music, but I need to take this intimacy into a more vibrant place. The furrowed-brow vocal seriousness which I used to engage with has no place here.

And the musicianship is better than ever. My fellow bandmates make the songs sound as beautiful as they could possibly be. It's a diverse album. It takes you on a trip through a musical landscape, as a tribute to your sense of wonder. It travels through space and time and leaves you back for dinner. It might take a few gobbles. Maybe try it on headphones first, without interruption. I hope you enjoy.

Conor x
08:45 AM on 10/29/12
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
For sure and intentionally so, it seems:

[/i]

I loved the first but I'm really looking forward to this. I guess I was wrong in thinking it was a solo-project? Unless it's become a full band since the first album
08:47 AM on 10/29/12
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
I loved the first but I'm really looking forward to this. I guess I was wrong in thinking it was a solo-project? Unless it's become a full band since the first album
I'm not sure to be honest, I was under the same impression as you but I guess since releasing the first album he's just had a band that are now long standing and contributed more to the writing or more probably, the recording of the record.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos