Username
Password

04:59 AM on 11/04/12 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Birmingham/Huddersfi...
Male - 23 Years Old
I didn't agree with Pitchfork's review of Handwritten insofar as all the stuff about Fallon being more beholden to his influences on that album than in the past, which I didn't think was the case, but for me the album definitely wasn't some life-affirming Almost Famous type thing either. So I guess I'd fall somewhere in between the two.
09:01 AM on 11/04/12 
User Info.
Cuddleworthy
▲▲▲▲▲
New York
Male
p4k needs to start up a forum like this one
09:07 AM on 11/04/12 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
I'd side with Pitchfork on this one.

Definitely.
09:11 AM on 11/04/12 
User Info.
lightcollapse
on the edge of summer
LA
Male - 22 Years Old
p4k needs to start up a forum like this one

uh
http://www.rawkblog.net/2007/07/he-t...kids-to-dance/
08:52 PM on 11/27/13 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
so fuck pitchfork but who got the demos of this album? anyone else spend the 5 bucks? totally worth it IMO, yes the album versions are better and more refined but some of these demos sound almost Postal Service with the electronic drums, and the more lo-fi recording gives it a feel very similar to We Have The Facts, but less cryptic and more catchy. i think they're great.
09:58 PM on 11/27/13 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
this thread was fun
10:01 PM on 11/27/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
horrible thread. i was on the top of my game.
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
lol
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
aNoteworthy that Pitchfork's review of the reissue gave the album an 8.4

so fuck pitchfork but who got the demos of this album? anyone else spend the 5 bucks? totally worth it IMO, yes the album versions are better and more refined but some of these demos sound almost Postal Service with the electronic drums, and the more lo-fi recording gives it a feel very similar to We Have The Facts, but less cryptic and more catchy. i think they're great.
Didn't spend $5 but I did steal them from the internet! And I'm glad I didn't spend $5 haha, in my opinion they're super boring and don't sound at all like Postal Service stuff, sure it's Ben's voice over electronic drums but they're mostly drum machine loops that get super grating after a minute or so, as opposed to the lush stuff he had to work with for Give Up.
11:24 PM on 11/27/13 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
aNoteworthy that Pitchfork's review of the reissue gave the album an 8.4

Didn't spend $5 but I did steal them from the internet! And I'm glad I didn't spend $5 haha, in my opinion they're super boring and don't sound at all like Postal Service stuff, sure it's Ben's voice over electronic drums but they're mostly drum machine loops that get super grating after a minute or so, as opposed to the lush stuff he had to work with for Give Up.

i think there's definitely worthwhile stuff. I love the different atmospheres he plays with on Transatlanticism, and the altered verse to We Looked Like Giants. I think Sound of Settling works really well as a slow acoustic rock song. Title and Registration is folksier with that banjo and slide guitar... just a lot of surprises that I would have never imagined. Obviously the songs aren't as good as they are fleshed out but I think it's cool to see how they've evolved

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos