Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
01:26 PM on 10/30/12
thriced.
Striving Imitator of Jesus
User Info.
I don't believe its fair to call the Christian church "self-righteous", because they don't agree with the approach you took in presenting Christ to the world. It has nothing to do with how many tattoos you have, or how loud your music is; In this instance it's because, while Christ hung out with the "thieves and whores" of His time, He did not need to mimic their speech and actions in order to converse with them. He presented love and grace to them, while maintaining His standard of holiness.

It's fine if POD doesn't feel conviction about cursing, but they must understand that many Christians do feel conviction about it, and will choose not to listen to music that contains it. It doesn't make us less of a Christian because we choose to live by conviction.

(My apologies to those who don't are not Christian, and don't care what I am talking about).
05:59 PM on 10/31/12
thriced.
User Info.
http://www.un-learning.org/ass/

Could you read this and give me your comments on it?

I think I understand what he's saying, and there are some point I can definitely see taking place in the church right now. When he speaks about not knowing the heart-motivation, he's right; The Bible tells us to avoid the appearance of evil, and I think that is difficult to do when you're audience isn't controllable.

I am no saint in this area certainly, any (honest) Christian will tell you they struggle to control their tongue (James 3 speaks a lot on this). I, personally, feel a conviction about my tongue and the words I intentionally use. I believe there is no situation where cussing produces good "fruit".

In this situation with POD, I just don't think it was using Godly wisdom to intentionally choose the words he did to convey his message. They have an opportunity, a platform, to speak to a great mass of people, and I believe the hope they were trying to present could have been done in a better manner. I understand their position behind it, and it sounds as though they don't have a real conviction regarding "cussing", so the argument is moot. They've even had these opportunities to explain their words, and share their heart on the matter, but I'm not sure it is just to throw Christians under the bus because they live by a different standard of holiness that POD does.
08:04 AM on 11/01/12
thriced.
User Info.
oh, and thanks for actually reading the article

It was a pretty good read actually, I enjoyed it.

And again, at the end of the day, it's a moot point. Obviously they are strong where they stand, and I am working being the same.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests