AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Fab Claxton - 10.29.12

Fab Claxton - 10.29.12

Interviewed by
Fab Claxton - 10.29.12The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Fab Claxton

http://fabclaxton.bandcamp.com
http://www.reverbnation.com/fabclaxton
http://www.facebook.com/fabclaxtonmusic
http://www.twitter.com/fabclaxton
http://www.youtube.com/fabclaxton

1. How did you get your band name?

Iím a solo artist, so my band name is just my name. Well, not really.

2. How did this band get started?

Iíve been writing songs in my basement for more than 15 years, and I thought it was about time that these songs made it above ground and were released into the wild. I began releasing my songs in February 2012.

3. What bands are you influenced by?

The Pixies, The Smiths, The Fall, The Stone Roses, Pavement, The Cramps, The Talking Heads.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?

The Happy Mondays. I get the feeling they know how to let their hair down and have a good time.

5. Best food to eat on tour?

Iíll let you know if I ever experience touring.

6. Why should people listen to your band?

My music is upbeat, catchy rock and roll, but thereís something not-quite-right about it. I think it appeals to people who like their rock music to be a little bit more Ďout thereí. Itís like a cross between a poppier version of The Pixies and a harder version of The Smiths. Actually Ė that sounds damn good. I think Iíll go listen to my music right nowÖÖ

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?

David Beckham. He seems to have done quite well for himself despite being incredibly average.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

The scientist who created the plague that wiped out all the other bands.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

More of its profits would be funneled into my bank account.

10. Memorable tour experience?

I do not tour.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

Itís a level playing field that gives equal coverage to the little guys.

12. What is your favorite song to play?

From my own repertoire itíd have to be ĎSettling For Youí Ė but my all-time favourite song to play is This Charming Man by The Smiths. One of these days Iím going to be able to play the lead guitar part correctly Ė I just know it.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

What the hell is a vacation?

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

The Beatles and The Beach Boys. My parents always listened to the oldies station and I have a huge appreciation for the old classics. When I turned 13 I really got into New Order and The Cure Ė so Iíd have to say 60ís pop-rock and 80ís indie really brings back the memories.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

The power of flight. I think thatíd really add some pizzazz to my live shows.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?

I usually scope the joint for open windows that I can escape from. That Ė or I get blind drunk. I think thatís more of a weakness than a ritual, though.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

Doctors recently concluded that Iíve got abnormally high levels of awesome in my system.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?

Radio is no worse now than itís ever been. Most pop music has and always will be offensive to anyone with a modicum of taste. I think my music would be a good fit on specialty / college radio, but there would have to be a pretty big mistake for my songs to end up on mainstream playlists.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

Iíd like to say that Iím a real renaissance man with various interests and hobbies, but Iíd be lying. Music is the only thing I enjoy doing in my spare time.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

I can make my ears move without touching them with my hands. Thatís got to count for something, right?

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
06:16 PM on 11/01/12
rubby1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Be sure not to miss the market every Sunday where people from different villages gather to sell all sorts of things from traditional michael kors handbags Canarian foods to clothes to local handicrafts.If you want to treat yourself, you can go shopping in Replica Louis Vuitton Handbags Las Palmas, the island's capital city. There are a lot of shops and malls that you can go to whether you want to find inexpensive things or branded clothes. You can also find the popular souvenirs michael kors outlet in this city such as small copies of the Canary wooden balconies and local handicrafts. louis vuitton handbags outlet There are also other shopping centers in other towns such as Playa del Ingles and Meloneras. High end stores are located in Meloneras. Playa del Ingles will offer you anything that you hangbgssale789 need when you go to its huge shopping centers and supermarkets.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos