AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts.
01:27 PM on 10/30/12
ChaseTx
Well, I mean, I love Disney and I love Star Wars. As long as the new movie doesn't attempt to be a new chapter in the main saga, I'm somewhere between fine and excited.
01:43 PM on 10/30/12
ChaseTx
Have some fun, people. If it's bad, you still have the original 3. But I doubt it will be, Disney does pretty well in all their markets. I also doubt that it's gonna be a Part 7 to the main series. Probably just a spinoff or something, like the animated series.

Also, the prequels weren't especially bad. Episode One was ok, 2 & 3 got progressively better.
02:03 PM on 10/30/12
ChaseTx
Its being billed as episode 7
We'll see. Usually when they make these announcements they have literally nothing done on the movie, besides maybe buying a first draft of a script. Then they bring in the director and producer and everything gets scrapped or rewritten. So whatever they have in mind will probably be far from the final product. I don't expect it to come out til years after 2015 either.
02:12 PM on 10/30/12
ChaseTx
god, this is depressing. i fucking despise disney
What is your life?
02:19 PM on 10/30/12
ChaseTx
Disney have done well with Marvel in the sense that "The Avengers" did incredibly well, but outside of Marvel's movie endeavors, they've been a miss. Disney couldn't care less about Marvel's comic output, as the comicbook industry has been struggling for years. And when the superhero movie machine bubble bursts, which it will, I don't see Disney doing much with Marvel with the exceptions of merch and shortlived tv shows.
I think Marvel is pretty much managing their own stuff, other than funding and promotion from Disney. When/if comic book heroes lose popularity (they've been huge since the Tim Burton Batman movie came out in 89 and have remained a big part of every boy's childhood) Marvel will retain their primary role as comics publisher. Disney might opt to sell them, or let them buy their independence.
02:35 PM on 10/30/12
ChaseTx
The only positive thing about this is the possibility of Han Solo making an appearance in Kingdom Hearts. If only...
Let alone a whole world set during the rebellion
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums