Registered Member
User Info.
I'm hoping this is all a joke...
06:50 AM on 10/31/12
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Oh wow! Maybe the can bring Jar Jar Binks back! :D
...no, but in all seriousness, this makes me a sad panda.
06:55 AM on 10/31/12
birdman
Don't hold your breath
User Info.
I don't see what everyone is so upset about. Marvel and Pixar have both done well on the Disney banner, why wouldn't Lucasfilm?

At least wait for a director announcement.
07:26 AM on 10/31/12
hellogorgeous
two up two down
User Info.
I don't see what everyone is so upset about. Marvel and Pixar have both done well on the Disney banner, why wouldn't Lucasfilm?

At least wait for a director announcement.
This. Also, the last time Star Wars was practically out of the hands of Lucas in terms of writing and directing we got Empire and Jedi. Who's to say these won't be great?
07:35 AM on 10/31/12
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.
pretty low, my expectations are

I see what you did there.

And meh, this is whatever. They can't fuck it up any worse than the prequels did.
08:16 AM on 10/31/12
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
Good news. I'm excited to see another Star Wars film. You people really shouldn't be so bitter and pissed off. Just don't go see the movie and stay away from Star Wars.
08:19 AM on 10/31/12
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Your point? It did pretty damn well at the box office.

Disney has killed it with Marvel and Pixar continues to separate itself from all other animation companies trying to compete. I don't see anything wrong with this considering Disney/Lucas have done business together for many, many years. Had this have happened years ago, I'm sure episodes 1-3 wouldn't have sucked so hard.
08:24 AM on 10/31/12
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Disney did not have their hands in any of the marvel movies up to date. They backed them as far as money goes BUT did not have control on writing or really anything due to the wheels where already in motion before Disney bought Marvel. We will not see a Marvel movie with Disney hands in it till Iron Man 3 comes out.
So, you're saying Disney's hand in many Marvel movies is really nothing to applaud at this point, even if it was just monetary backing to allow the producers/directors to truly fulfill their vision? You're also saying to wait till' Iron Man 3 to see what Disney is all about? Well, I've seen the previews you have.. Iron Man 3 looks epic.
08:42 AM on 10/31/12
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
One more tidbit of information. Lucasfilm recently licensed it's characters to Angry Birds. Rovio now has it's first game based on a Disney-owned franchise. A Rovio purchase seems on the horizon IMO. This was something else Disney aimed for during this purchase. Watch out Movie/Mobile world, Disney is coming for you..
08:52 AM on 10/31/12
Coverbydesign
User Info.
So, you're saying Disney's hand in many Marvel movies is really nothing to applaud at this point, even if it was just monetary backing to allow the producers/directors to truly fulfill their vision? You're also saying to wait till' Iron Man 3 to see what Disney is all about? Well, I've seen the previews you have.. Iron Man 3 looks epic.
I saw the trailer and it looks good and I am hoping for the best seeing they are going into the whole storyline that not a lot of causal comic fans know about. And for the most part Disney has done right with what they are doing with Marvel by approving of a antman movie,Deadpool movie, and a reboot of the daredevil movie. So I am not worried with Marvel..BUT sorry Disney has been fucking Star Wars even before they owned it.

Welcome to hell

08:55 AM on 10/31/12
11:11
Soft sound
User Info.
Your point? It did pretty damn well at the box office.

Disney has killed it with Marvel and Pixar continues to separate itself from all other animation companies trying to compete. I don't see anything wrong with this considering Disney/Lucas have done business together for many, many years. Had this have happened years ago, I'm sure episodes 1-3 wouldn't have sucked so hard.
My point is that it sucked.
09:08 AM on 10/31/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Star Wars TV show is already being adapted
09:09 AM on 10/31/12
a speedo model
an enthusiast
User Info.
Almost as bad as George Lucas saying he's making another one.
09:14 AM on 10/31/12
Anthony Sorendino
You are not your idea.
User Info.
12/13

What an awful record.
09:22 AM on 10/31/12
Zummy
I'm illegal in 48 states
User Info.
Episode 7 does not need to be made. If Disney does anything other than putting their name on it and letting Lucas have TOTAL control over every aspect of this movie, if it is made, it will suck very badly. You may not like what Lucas did but if Disney has any hand in making movie it will suck more. And for those you citing the Avengers for pro disney, you need to understand that Disney had nothing to do with the Avengers anything good about that movie was a result of Joss Whedon and the actors-NOT Disney.

Anyone that is a true fan of Star Wars will not support this. If you call yourself a true fan but support disney making episode 7 then you are not a true fan. Period. Above all there is no need for Episode 7....ever!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos