AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview
Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.

As a Heart Attack! - 10.31.11

Interviewed by: Jeremy Aaron (10/31/12)
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

As a Heart Attack!

www.facebook.com/asaheartattack
www.myspace.com/asaheartattackband
twitter: @asaheartattack
http://www.youtube.com/user/asaheartattacktv

1. How did you get your band name?

We noticed that a lot of songs, band names, and things surrounding the music were named after, jokes or gimmicks. We wanted to stay straight and to the point, as with our music. So we are serious, AS A HEART ATTACK.

2. How did this band get started?

Mikey and Tim went to high school together, and shared musical interests, so we just started jamming one day, and Tim had some songs and Zack who knew them already.. Then we acquired a few other members who are no longer with us, but our first show with this line-up was July 2nd, 2011 With Oh, Sleeper!

3. What bands are you influenced by?

Underoath, Pantera, Slipknot, Periphery, Misery Signals

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?

Oh man, haha, options are kind of limitless with this one. I guess all of our influences, and maybe like Guns N' Roses, in the early 90’s, just because they had the world’s attention, so every night was a blast I bet.

5. Best food to eat on tour?

Any haha, but we’re about Peace Tea, Monster, and random snacks, McDonald’s, Taco Bell, Chipotle, etc.

6. Why should people listen to your band?

I think that it can reach out to people with emotional stress, via the lyrics. People who are well versed in music with some of the more technical writing. Overall, fans of the genre, for the fact that it’s a fresh face, name, and sound.

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?

Michael Jordan, talk about a real life BALLER. His family will be rich for eons.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

Everyone who’s ever given us a chance to be on their iPod, in their CD player, on their mind. Anyone who’s ever came out to a show. Our friends and families for sticking with us. The industry.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

The haters to be honest. It seems as though it’s trendy to ‘bash’ someone who isn’t in your genre, or is doing your genre wrong. Music is expression; appreciate it for what it is. If you don’t like it, don’t listen.

10. Memorable tour experience?

Well, not really a tour experience, but we were on our way home from finishing the final day of recording/mixing/mastering ‘The Fearless’ in Milwaukee at JTW Studios, and my car is fucked. When I say fucked, I mean like Xzibit, would be pimping it if that show was still relevant. But we were on a three-lane highway, and all the way on the left, and my whole car shut down, electrical, everything. Not to mention, it’s January, 9pm, pouring sleet, and my wipers don’t work. So I ‘Paul Walker’d’ My ass over 3 lanes onto the shoulder, wiggled my battery and we were off again, haha.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

I remember being in 7th grade finding badass desktop wallpapers for my computer from AP. I think it’s the best place to find photos, songs, new artists, new friends. What other site offers the interactive forums and fanpages? Facebook? Pfffft

12. What is your favorite song to play?

Man, our intro is ‘Nightfall’ and it’s real bouncy at the beginning, so the crowd interaction is awesome. It’d be between that one and ‘43’ because we don’t even have to sing that song really, the crowd does it for us.

13. Vacation spot of choice?

Somewhere peaceful, but with some gnarly scenery and stuff to do. Don’t want to be boring and stay shacked up in a rental all day.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

Any rock and roll or heavy metal from that time period, my house was never big on rap or R&B. Sometimes indie. But mostly rock & metal.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?

The Force, because I’m lazy and want stuff to float to me.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?

Other than warming up, not really, if there’s a ‘game/green room’ at the venue, we’ll usually just mess around there or skate in the parking lot.

17. What is something that most fans don’t know about you?

We can rap really good. STR8 H8

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it’s a place your band could flourish?

Every region is different, and with satellite radio and such it’s hard to say. I don’t mind the radio, there’s a few good rock stations around us. I feel as though if we got our foot in the door with some of the older ‘metal’ fans, they’d appreciate some of the musicianship that goes into our songs.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

Exercise, play sports, write music, play video games, and unfortunately work.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

I can pat my head and rub my belly? A lot of our friends/fans know of our silly shenanigans.

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2.
09:45 PM on 10/31/12
leftapart
User Info.
I'm usually not into music that this heavy and has this much screaming, but I can admit that these dudes are really good. That singer has an amazing set of pipes and musicianship behind him is great as well. Hoping these guys get some more press and get a bit bigger; I could see it happening. Good luck!
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS