AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review

Of Quiet Walls - Dopedisco and the Hetero... Album Cover

Of Quiet Walls - Dopedisco and the Hetero...

Reviewed by
Of Quiet Walls - Dopedisco and the Hetero Elephant EP
Record Label: Sharkmen Records / Villagekids Records
Release Date: 2007
Of Quiet Walls are a seven piece metalcore band out of Germany. Take a moment and read over that sentence. Yeah, I said seven piece. Besides the typical guitar, bass, and drums combo, they sport two vocalists and a pretty much useless keys/effects/background vocalist.

The band’s debut EP Dopedisco and the Hetero Elephant EP is a seven song outing of typical metalcore-by-numbers. The two vocalist scream back and forth at each other through the songs while one occasionally sings over technical guitar lines and double bass. Throughout the whole album, I tried and tried to hear any of the electronic elements the band claim to have, and it remained nowhere to be found. However, the band has something going for them, and it’s their energy. The album never lets up, keeping the intensity high through screams, growls, singing and various gang vocals. I’d also have to thank the band for sparing us the constant chug breakdowns that plagues metal these days; the breakdowns are technical and unpredictable, on par with bands like August Burns Red. The recording quality is phenomenal considering the band recorded it themselves, sounding even better then what some major studios produce.

Of Quiet Walls are basically playing what’s hot right now, and while they’re not typically memorable, they are talented. If they could find a way to separate themselves from the already saturated metal scene, they could go on to do great things.
This review is a user submitted review from I am Mick. You can see all of I am Mick's submitted reviews here.

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version