Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
08:18 AM on 11/02/12
luvsickcatalyst
wander eyes, ocean high.
User Info.
Earl is hands down the best rapper in OF. It's not even close.
A hundred fucking billion times this. He's the only one I can see having a legitimate career ten years from now.
08:03 PM on 11/02/12
luvsickcatalyst
wander eyes, ocean high.
User Info.
Domo is actually doing pretty well for himself. He just did an album with the alchemist (and if you know anything about hip-hop, he's a beast). Also, I think Left Brain will have a good career because his production is just too awesome. Finally, Tyler will be around 10 years from now. He directs videos, raps, produces, he does it all. Yah his rapping isn't the greatest, but he's got enough style and unique production style to make his own records last, not to mention other tracks he does for other artists.

Definitely need to pay a bit more attention to Domo then. Last I remember, his stuff never blew me away. Left Brain is definitely a decent producer, but I was focusing more on the main rappers of the group. And yes, Tyler will likely be around in 10 years. The key word to what I said though was "Earl will be the only one having a legitimate career ten years down the line". Tyler will probably drop Wolf to even more divided reviews, Odd Future will become less shocking and in the media, and Tyler will still mill away with albums trying to reclaim what he sounded like on Bastard and "Yonkers". Yes, his beats are interesting at times, but I find far too many of them sound weak or shoddily made to the point of it being a distraction. And I don't even need to make note of his rapping skill.

As far as becoming big names that can transcend Odd Future and become credible stars in their own right, I think Frank Ocean and Earl are the only ones fully capable. Yes, Mike G, Domo, Left Brain, and occasionally Hodgy show they have talent, but I think they'll forever be associated as another member of Odd Future.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests