AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Jesse Thomas - Hazel EP Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 9.25
Musicianship 8.75
Lyrics 8.75
Production 8.75
Creativity 8.75
Lasting Value 8.5
Reviewer Tilt 9.25
Final Verdict: 89%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

Jesse Thomas - Hazel EP

Reviewed by: hiddentrack (11/03/12)
Jesse Thomas - Hazel EP
Record Label: Red Parade Music Group
Release Date: September 7, 2010

Who?

Jesse Thomas is a singer/songwriter originally from Kentucky. She has shared the stage with artists such as John Mayer, Cary Brothers, Owl City and Lights.

How is it?

Jesse Thomas has the kind of voice that is filled with soul and that is something that you just can't fake. It's raw and raspy but in the same vein, it's soothing and effortless. Her voice carries each and every song, emotion pouring out in the standout track "Shine" as she sings "Why'd you have to go..." You don't just hear her songs; you feel them deep inside, as if you are right there with Thomas as she sings to you about her troubles. "Blank Page" is a heartbreak song about having to start over even when there are so many memories left behind. Her raw vocals really add to the passionate lyrics on this track.

If you only listen to one thing today, I highly suggest you listen to Jesse Thomas' cover of "Call Me Maybe." I know, I know, it's been done over and over again, but trust me, this is so good. Her voice will draw you in and you will fall in love with it. If you aren't impressed, let me know in the comments and I will offer you a sincere apology to make up for the three and a half minutes it took to listen to her (beautiful) cover.

Recommended If You LikeStacy Clark, Taylor Swift, Cady Groves, NeverShoutNever

Track Listing1. Say Hello
2. You I Want
3. Shine
4. Drunk
5. Blank Page

http://www.iamjessethomas.com/

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News