03:27 AM on 11/05/12
dumpweed41
User Info.
Nope, no I can't. Gotta wait for youtube :(
03:37 AM on 11/05/12
Clown_Baby
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sounded great and then the last minute they danced around like idiots. Why does the guitarist look like he's cumming everytime he plays a riff. Just an awkward group of people to watch.
04:03 AM on 11/05/12
JimmyIymmiJ
Go on, give up, you'll never win...
User Info.
Does anybody know which of their performances was actually on TV? "Some Nights" or "Carry On" (or both?). Their performance of Carry On was excellent...probably their best televised live performance yet. Some Nights wasn't bad, but the live performance seemed to be lacking the "punch" of the original. Either way, Louis C.K. + fun. = one of the best SNL's in recent memory.

Both performances were on tv.
04:21 AM on 11/05/12
Charlieistony
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I thought Carry On sounded good but Some Nights was kinda... meh. I was disappointed. And to be honest, I thought they looked bored playing both songs. I kinda feel bad cause that has to be a major wear on them having to play the singles over and over for publicity. Either way. Great bands. I agree with the trench coat comments too, he looks like a hobbit.
05:12 AM on 11/05/12
Boucher187
Jonathan "Mox" Moxon
User Info.
Good Lord those vocals. This song really shows how Nate can hit every note perfectly. Amazing band and amazing performance. Even though they are now so mainstream I can not be happier for them! Album of the year.
05:21 AM on 11/05/12
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
love this.

love how fun. sounded on Conan with the choir,

and i love their sound here. so good.

- Gunz
06:01 AM on 11/05/12
The Old Black
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Does anybody know which of their performances was actually on TV? "Some Nights" or "Carry On" (or both?). Their performance of Carry On was excellent...probably their best televised live performance yet. Some Nights wasn't bad, but the live performance seemed to be lacking the "punch" of the original. Either way, Louis C.K. + fun. = one of the best SNL's in recent memory.

I disagree. I absolutely love Louis CK but thought he wasn't a great fit for SNL. Or they just didn't use him in the right way.
06:15 AM on 11/05/12
jon.
User Info.
They absolutely killed it. Great performance.
06:31 AM on 11/05/12
gregxthor
User Info.
The band's name is ironic cuz this was the worst and most boring performance I've seen on SNL...and Lana del Ray
06:45 AM on 11/05/12
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
I disagree. I absolutely love Louis CK but thought he wasn't a great fit for SNL. Or they just didn't use him in the right way.
The Abe Lincoln short was great, though.
07:01 AM on 11/05/12
Boywithacoin
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
only song on Some Nights I like. i know, i know, it's really evil to express dissatisfaction with the record, but hey, I can only like what I like. for the most part the record sounds like kids music to me. shit to soundtrack live action disney films.

but more importantly Louis Ck is the funniest man alive. that monologue was the funniest 5 minutes of snl since Will Ferrell left.
Its now considered bad form to express dissatisfaction with a dissatisfying record on here? What?

These performances were pretty alright in spots, and pretty terrible in others. The amount of studio production needed to make these songs listenable on the album is pretty apparent because of these, though, which (to me) denotes some pretty lackluster song writing.
07:23 AM on 11/05/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
Its now considered bad form to express dissatisfaction with a dissatisfying record on here? What?

These performances were pretty alright in spots, and pretty terrible in others. The amount of studio production needed to make these songs listenable on the album is pretty apparent because of these, though, which (to me) denotes some pretty lackluster song writing.
i'm just trying to throw up a protective shield against any potential fanboys. but yeah, seems to me (may be wrong, only listened to the album like 3-4 times) but the recipe for a new fun song is this:

1) write a lengthy paragraph about your past few days.
2) now pick 2-3 chords
3) pick out a single sentence from said paragraph that can be turned into a slogan for the chorus
4) sing lengthy paragraph over 2-3 chords fitting as many words into every line as possible
5) fill gaps between verses and chorus' with "Woah's"

YAY! Fun. is on the radio! Woo-hoo!
07:35 AM on 11/05/12
seankane
User Info.
i'm just trying to throw up a protective shield against any potential fanboys. but yeah, seems to me (may be wrong, only listened to the album like 3-4 times) but the recipe for a new fun song is this:

1) write a lengthy paragraph about your past few days.
2) now pick 2-3 chords
3) pick out a single sentence from said paragraph that can be turned into a slogan for the chorus
4) sing lengthy paragraph over 2-3 chords fitting as many words into every line as possible
5) fill gaps between verses and chorus' with "Woah's"

YAY! Fun. is on the radio! Woo-hoo!
you just described every popular song ever written
07:42 AM on 11/05/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.

Well considering a lot of people think the songs sound better live, without the production, I don't think many would agree. The songs are fantastic live.
07:47 AM on 11/05/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
you just described every popular song ever written
not really, just since 2008
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives