AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Blink 182 News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 116.
12:29 PM on 11/05/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
"Idiotic comments" or perfectly fair criticism?
Idiotic comments.
12:30 PM on 11/05/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Neighborhoods is a good album. I am going to listen to it right now.
12:31 PM on 11/05/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
It's idiotic if it's a band Tate likes. Otherwise, perfectly valid.
Nah, I like plenty of bands that suffer from bad recording decisions (and call them out on it) ... the vast majority of songs recorded without the band members in the same room were just fine on this album. It's a crutch used to not think critically about the songs themselves, instead passing the blame.
12:32 PM on 11/05/12
oneeightytwo
#TGG
User Info.
Awesome news! Tom also posted this:

Gotta go pick up that loser @markhoppus from his long travels from the UK http://instagr.am/p/RqCymcru9B/

12:33 PM on 11/05/12
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
The only comments I would see as idiotic with regards to Neighborhoods are, "this album is incredible!" and "I don't think recording seperately affected this mediocre album one bit!"

Also, Skiba's comment on the tweet was kinda funny.
12:34 PM on 11/05/12
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
in that tweet it looks like Tom doesn't want to be there.
12:36 PM on 11/05/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
Nah, I like plenty of bands that suffer from bad recording decisions (and call them out on it) ... the vast majority of songs recorded without the band members in the same room were just fine on this album. It's a crutch used to not think critically about the songs themselves, instead passing the blame.
I don't know. You compare Neighborhoods to any of the other albums they made, especially S/T, and it's obvious that them being in the same studio to flesh out the songs is what made them really work in every way. On the last album, it just seemed rushed. It works for some bands, and it didn't for them. Alot of the songs were duds, even if the album had a few classic tunes.
12:45 PM on 11/05/12
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
I wonder if this means there will be vocals in the bridges????????????????
wondering the same thing. I'm hoping for more songs like snake charmer, natives, and hearts all gone and songs less like fighting the gravity and love is dangerous
12:46 PM on 11/05/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I don't know. You compare Neighborhoods to any of the other albums they made, especially S/T, and it's obvious that them being in the same studio to flesh out the songs is what made them really work in every way. On the last album, it just seemed rushed. It works for some bands, and it didn't for them. Alot of the songs were duds, even if the album had a few classic tunes.
Can you name (without looking) which songs were recorded in the same studio and which were demoed in the same room and which were done 1/2 and 1/2 and which were recorded/demoed 100% not in the same room?
12:46 PM on 11/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.

Well I still think their recording process on the last album was a big reason it fell flat. At least for me. Then again the process wasn't nearly as terrible as the production, which was awful.
12:48 PM on 11/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
It's the same reason the last Stokes album was horrid.
12:48 PM on 11/05/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Well I still think their recording process on the last album was a big reason it fell flat. At least for me. Then again the process wasn't nearly as terrible as the production, which was awful.
Sonically better than Enema IMO. Just the tech enhancements in the recording of music in the last 10 years alone make it sound better than anything pre-TOYPAJ. It's not like they had hacks producing/mixing/mastering it ...
12:52 PM on 11/05/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
i think they'll benefit from writing/recording together in the same room rather than back and forth through emails though. the process is much faster and more thorough when you are all in the same room bouncing ideas off of each other rapid fire.

however, i get what Tate is saying. just because they didn't record in the same room doesn't mean that that's why some songs suffered. the songs suffered because they just weren't written as well as songs in the past. the production wasn't very bangin' either, which isn't necessarily Blink's fault. i blame Chris Holmes for a lot of why Neighborhoods didn't SOUND as good as it could have. but what do i know?
12:54 PM on 11/05/12
bravesthope
User Info.
Sonically better than Enema IMO. Just the tech enhancements in the recording of music in the last 10 years alone make it sound better than anything pre-TOYPAJ. It's not like they had hacks producing/mixing/mastering it ...
Jason, I honestly do not know the answer to this and I truly am curious, but how much experience do you have recording with a band? If you have done some, have you tried both recording together and separate?
12:57 PM on 11/05/12
ChaseTx
I thought you didn’t like them anyway. Ha.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums