Username
Password
Funny News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 225.
06:20 PM on 11/05/12
oakhurst
It Didn't Have To Be This Way
User Info.
Is this the same Jay Z who said in an interview that he is for small government and fewer regulations?

Hmm, wonder why he is voting for Obama?!?
I wonder lol

I just want this election to be over with, it's a lose/lose no matter what the outcome
06:22 PM on 11/05/12
VIVALAMATT
Two-Time APWP Champion
User Info.
Obama will probably win (and in comparison to Mitt, I guess it'll end up being a good thing). But I don't think which candidate has a better celebrity support list matters much in terms of which is best suited to run a country. How about less Jay Z and less Kid Rock, and more what you're going to do for me, my peers, and my family.
06:22 PM on 11/05/12
Charlieistony
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Holy fuck I can't wait until this shit is done with.
agreed, this is completely ridiculous. I support President Obama but using star power to win votes is sad this day in age. People shouldn't be voting for someone because a musician they like is voting for that person, and it just keeps getting thrown in our faces.
06:24 PM on 11/05/12
VIVALAMATT
Two-Time APWP Champion
User Info.
I wonder lol

I just want this election to be over with, it's a lose/lose no matter what the outcome
I'll be voting for whichever candidate is going to get us to hell the slowest. lol
06:26 PM on 11/05/12
ChaseTx
agreed, this is completely ridiculous. I support President Obama but using star power to win votes is sad this day in age. People shouldn't be voting for someone because a musician they like is voting for that person, and it just keeps getting thrown in our faces.
Jay is raising and donating money to the campaign, not persuading people to vote for Obama because, "Can't Knock the Hustle".
06:26 PM on 11/05/12
RyanGarner
Registered Member
User Info.
Exactly. It should not be about celebrity endorsements or photos of a candidate hugging a child or someone in need. You can be a great person and a bad president and vice versa. Vote for a person because of where they stand on the issues.
06:35 PM on 11/05/12
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
The only man from the Detroit area endorsing Mitt..
06:39 PM on 11/05/12
soadjaeger
User Info.
Barack has every musician except Meat Loaf on his side

Mitt has Meat Loaf on his side
and nicki minaj
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
Obama will probably win (and in comparison to Mitt, I guess it'll end up being a good thing). But I don't think which candidate has a better celebrity support list matters much in terms of which is best suited to run a country. How about less Jay Z and less Kid Rock, and more what you're going to do for me, my peers, and my family.
This has been very clearly laid out by each candidate. Just because Jay-Z playing at a rally or whatever makes the news doesn't mean that the candidate is intending the celebrity support to show how well-suited he is to run the country.
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
06:51 PM on 11/05/12
MrDelux
User Info.
Is this the same Jay Z who said in an interview that he is for small government and fewer regulations?

Hmm, wonder why he is voting for Obama?!?
I'm sure Jay-Z isnt politically informed, regardless of who he would choose for, I dont think he stays up with politics. I could be wrong, But I dont think so.

And to all those stating that celebrity support actually says something, are wrong. I agree with VIVALAMATT. This country shouldnt be swayed by celebrity endorsement. It should be about the issues and what they stand for, and less about "who the cool kids support"
06:52 PM on 11/05/12
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
Yeah, but the thing you're failing to neglect is that he has 2012 Meat Loaf, not 1978 Meat Loaf.

"failing to neglect"

Do you not; proof read?
06:53 PM on 11/05/12
swimbearswim
living.
User Info.
Obama, like Jay-Z, is more of a celebrity than a president, which is why he will win. Sad, but true. People like his personality over his policies.
06:56 PM on 11/05/12
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
Obama, like Jay-Z, is more of a celebrity than a president, which is why he will win. Sad, but true. People like his personality over his policies.
This is just not true.
06:57 PM on 11/05/12
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
User Info.
Is it weird that, even though I support Obama over Romney, I get sick of the imbalance of celebrities telling us to vote for Obama instead of Romney?

I prefer when celebrities simply urge you to vote, instead of tell you who to vote for.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests