AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Warner Brothers News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Warner Bros. Looking For Interns

Posted by - 08:47 PM on 02/04/08
Warner Bros. Records are looking for new interns in the LA area. If you want to see what it is that they do, you can check out the WBR intern blog. You must be in school to participate, and you will be working in the marketing department. Email christrovero@gmail.com if you are interested.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 28
08:49 PM on 02/04/08
ACA
Next Show: RIOT FEST CHICAGO!!!!!!!
User Info.
WAIT THIS UNPAlD?!!?!
08:59 PM on 02/04/08
secretemily
User Info.
WAIT THIS UNPAlD?!!?!

Albiiii the racist....dragon!

Is this for spring or summer or what?
09:21 PM on 02/04/08
eRRRin
holla atcho girrrl
User Info.
oh wow.
i'm all about this.
i'd kill for this internship.
09:30 PM on 02/04/08
DivisionStreet
Music
User Info.
AKA "we don't have any money anymore and we would really like some free labor."
09:43 PM on 02/04/08
CarlMonday
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
errrin will definitely be getting this internship
10:09 PM on 02/04/08
chrislikesmusic
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
AKA "we don't have any money anymore and we would really like some free labor."

AKA, if you want to work in the music industry and don't act like you are right here thinking you know everything, write me. I come to this site all the time, just like everybody else. Why? Because I like music. That's why i work in the music industry. If you're happy sitting on your computer and acting as armchair A&R, feel free to continue to post things like this. I love reading these kinds of comments too. Thank you to all of you who have already written me. I'll get back to each and every one of you.
10:16 PM on 02/04/08
eRRRin
holla atcho girrrl
User Info.
errrin will definitely be getting this internship
why do you say that??
and thanks, i'm flattered haha
10:30 PM on 02/04/08
S9Dallasoz
Knows the words to 'Bye Bye Bye'
User Info.
That was quite the Foo Fighters show...even though I had to work out in the rain before & after it.
10:38 PM on 02/04/08
Sanchez
umm
User Info.
Only apply if you like eating philly cheesesteaks!
10:56 PM on 02/04/08
chrislikesmusic
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Only apply if you like eating philly cheesesteaks!

Let's get some of that tomorrow!
11:11 PM on 02/04/08
timgionet
User Info.
If I got this internship, it would be a dream come true. I've been wanting to work in the music industry my entire life.
11:53 PM on 02/04/08
DivisionStreet
Music
User Info.
AKA, if you want to work in the music industry and don't act like you are right here thinking you know everything, write me. I come to this site all the time, just like everybody else. Why? Because I like music. That's why i work in the music industry. If you're happy sitting on your computer and acting as armchair A&R, feel free to continue to post things like this. I love reading these kinds of comments too. Thank you to all of you who have already written me. I'll get back to each and every one of you.

Haha. I was just kidding. It's okay.

The funny part is that I plan on getting an internship next summer with a record label or a similar organization. I was making a commentary on the steady fall and decline of major labels, not the uselessness of internships. I, of course, don't think that they are useless, since I am studying Music Industry. I know that in order to prove yourself or show that you have enough integrity and desire to work in the biz, you have to go through either an unpaid internship or a low-pay mailroom or similar job in an expensive city. It's almost a rite-of-passage these days. However, it is a cheap source of labor for any company. That's a fact. While a company can lay off people, they can pick up interns to grab some of the slack. I'm not actually saying that WB is doing that; I'm saying that it happens in other companies and it could easily happen in this very industry.

It was just a joke. I'm glad you love reading these kinds of comments. Sorry I was unclear.
12:09 AM on 02/05/08
drive-thru
User Info.
i'd so do this if i had a car.
12:22 AM on 02/05/08
chrislikesmusic
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Haha. I was just kidding. It's okay.

The funny part is that I plan on getting an internship next summer with a record label or a similar organization. I was making a commentary on the steady fall and decline of major labels, not the uselessness of internships. I, of course, don't think that they are useless, since I am studying Music Industry. I know that in order to prove yourself or show that you have enough integrity and desire to work in the biz, you have to go through either an unpaid internship or a low-pay mailroom or similar job in an expensive city. It's almost a rite-of-passage these days. However, it is a cheap source of labor for any company. That's a fact. While a company can lay off people, they can pick up interns to grab some of the slack. I'm not actually saying that WB is doing that; I'm saying that it happens in other companies and it could easily happen in this very industry.

It was just a joke. I'm glad you love reading these kinds of comments. Sorry I was unclear.

it's all good man, trust me. Everybody has to start somewhere. Check up on the stories of Craig Aaronson and Tom Whalley from WB. They didn't just get where they are overnight. I am glad you see that it takes steps to get anywhere. Much like a band on a label, you have to pay dues somehow. I paid mine. I have been working with bands since I was 15 and booking shows in my small ass town of Peru, IL. I then booked shows at Bradley University, got a gig as a music buyer for Hot Topic. Go ahead, insert all the jokes you want here. It was that job which led to me where I am now. Such a great place to meet people, and expand all contacts within the industry. I spent time doing marketing at Interscope with Brand New, TV on the Radio, Dashboard Confessional, etc. then was fortunate enough to be taken on by the crew at Warner Bros. I couldn't be happier with the great crew of people that make this company run. They're all music heads, and they genuinely love the jobs they have and the artists they work with. Take some time out and write some of the folks that I have working with me in our marketing department. Check out the blog that Paul posted about earlier. You may jokingly say it's "Free Labor for a Major Label" however, I can fully back the fact that an internship here is hands on, and you're involved with all that we do. The pictures in the blog show much fun we get to have, all the while working with artists that love us back as much as we love them. Cheesy, corny, and cliche as it may sound, the WB Team that we have is a family. It's good times. Shit man, I am passionate about my job. Just ask some people here on the AP.Net page. A few have taken internships with me, and I love making sure we do all we can to get these people INVOLVED in the company and potentially leading to paid jobs. I have two interns that since working with me are full and part - time employees with the label. I don't fuck around man. I want to bring in people to work with us that are as into what we do as I am. You'd be hard pressed to find somebody who loves the opportunities that they've been given, have a genuine love for their job, and wake up everyday thinking to themselves "I'm living the dream" like I do.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos