Username
Password
Drama News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 146.
10:37 AM on 11/07/12
simplejack
Soundtrack of My Silence
User Info.
Taylor is reportedly a Matt Nathanson fan. So I don't know if it's an odd coincidence or an homage to Matt (Taylor must clear that asap). Matt seems pretty upset with this fact and, of course, fans of Swift (those teenage bitches) are overreacting. Even though in almost 20 years of career Matt hasn't reached the same stardom than Taylor, he's the wonderful touraholic singer-songwriter I've grown to love.

Since I'm a Nathanson fan and I'm on his side no matter how this story ends.
10:43 AM on 11/07/12
Privr005
User Info.
Brian Fallon is next
10:44 AM on 11/07/12
ALK3ADDICT
let it all go
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The only song I known him for is the American Pie song "Laid" that was originally by James.
I think those words are very hard to copyright because they are so unimaginative and anyone could ithink them up, I'm pretty sure if Taylor was going to rip someone off it would be someone decent and people have actually heard of and something worth ripping off. She could afford to use any lyrics also when she covered that "Untouchable"song she made it better than the original.
10:45 AM on 11/07/12
j4callen
ummm
User Info.
subconscious
10:48 AM on 11/07/12
AeyElAeyEn
>>>
User Info.
Pretty childish... Imagine if Tswift came out of no where saying that the hook of Payphone by Maroon 5 is the guitar riff in Long Live? It is, which is funny, but if she bitched about it she would lose respect just like I lost respect for Matt right here.
10:51 AM on 11/07/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
You clearly missed the point of my post. Go back, re-read, then get back to me.
just piggybacking on the initial joke?
10:54 AM on 11/07/12
AReiss
Coffee & Cigarettes Clothing Co.
User Info.
Brian Fallon is next
(y)
10:55 AM on 11/07/12
JoeForPresident
Vocals/Guitar - Modern Chemistry
User Info.
does the melody of "state of grace" remind anyone else of another song? it sounds exactly like something, but i can't place it.
i think it sounds like part of "you belong to me"
10:59 AM on 11/07/12
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
duh totally like a week old bro
Was just going to say the same thing.
10:59 AM on 11/07/12
pennie
GOONER
User Info.
matt nathanson is the man.
11:03 AM on 11/07/12
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The only song I known him for is the American Pie song "Laid" that was originally by James.
I think those words are very hard to copyright because they are so unimaginative and anyone could ithink them up, I'm pretty sure if Taylor was going to rip someone off it would be someone decent and people have actually heard of and something worth ripping off. She could afford to use any lyrics also when she covered that "Untouchable"song she made it better than the original.
It would be someone decent? Have you not heard of Matt the past 15 years? Dude is a killer singer/songwriter with some amazing lyrical abilities. Sure, he's not huge or mainstream by any means (aside from a few VH1 music videos) but his talent is there. He is known in the genre by many and respected by more. Doesn't surprise me that she took the line from Nathanson.. it's probably his most memorable one from that era of his career.
11:03 AM on 11/07/12
theHECKLER
User Info.
Busted
11:04 AM on 11/07/12
DandonTRJ
~~~ヾ(^∇^
User Info.
Well, you can't copyright a short sentence/phrase. Now if it had been the music she'd subconsciously ripped off, we might go looking to Bright Tunes Music Corp. v. Harrisongs Music:

Quote:
What happened? I conclude that the composer, in seeking musical materials to clothe his thoughts, was working with various possibilities. As he tried this possibility and that, there came to the surface of his mind a particular combination that pleased him as being one he felt would be appealing to a prospective listener; in other words, that this combination of sounds would work. Why? Because his subconscious knew it already had worked in a song his conscious mind did not remember. Having arrived at this pleasing combination of sounds, the recording was made, the lead sheet prepared for copyright and the song became an enormous success. Did Harrison deliberately use the music of He's So Fine? I do not believe he did so deliberately. Nevertheless, it is clear that My Sweet Lord is the very same song as He's So Fine with different words, and Harrison had access to He's So Fine. This is, under the law, infringement of copyright, and is no less so even though subconsciously accomplished. Sheldon v. Metro-Goldwyn Pictures Corp., 81 F.2d 49, 54 (2d Cir. 1936); Northern Music Corp. v. Pacemaker Music Co., Inc., 147 U.S.P.Q. 358, 359 (S.D.N.Y. 1965).
11:10 AM on 11/07/12
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
User Info.
Read about this awhile ago. Matt Nathanson rocks.
11:11 AM on 11/07/12
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
User Info.
Do yourself a favor and listen to his albums.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS