AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Bamboozle News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Aquarian Weekly Update

Posted by - 07:32 AM on 02/06/08
See what's new from The Aquarian in the replies. This week, you can read interviews with The Mars Volta and Cove Reber from Saosin.

Displaying posts 1 - 7 of 7
07:34 AM on 02/06/08
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
Check out the Aquarian website for the latest interviews, CD and show reviews, and to see who’s playing when and where! On the website now are interviews with The Mars Volta as well as with Cove Reber of Saosin. Also included is a review of Shelby Lynn’s latest album, Just A Little Lovin’, and a preview of Yoav’s upcoming gig at Maxwell’s in Hoboken, NJ on Feb.15.

While you’re there don’t forget to head on over to our Promo page where you can enter to win tickets to select concerts such as Ascension Of The Watchers at Loop Lounge in Passaic, NJ, on Feb. 20, the Pac Tour at the Highline Ballroom on Feb. 12 and Say Anything at Nokia Theatre on March 29.

Also, don’t forget to pick up a copy of the issue ON NEWSSTANDS NOW featuring:

I Set My Friends On Fire: With Enemies Like These
3rd Annual Unsigned Bands Feature: Who Are These Guys?
Inked Out: Inside The Tattoo Garage
Gallows Break It Down
Saviours And You
Plus: Foghat, The Rise Of Science, Grand Ole Party And More!

ON THE WEB:
Interview with The Mars Volta

Terminal 5 is really more like a hangar than it is a terminal. Inside, it’s as cold and gray as the January evening outside. The dark and chilly ambience is only offset by the countless attendees, all packed in on top of each other throughout the three stacking levels of the recently opened venue on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. Cedric Bixler-Zavala, singer and lyricist for The Mars Volta, climbs back onto the stage after diving into the crowd, and proceeds to hump the amplifiers that are lined behind his partner-in-crime and best-friend-forever, guitarist and composer Omar Rodríguez-López. “This one is for all the people out there who don’t want to hear us make the same record over and over again,” he says after facing the crowd again, as the band launches into “Drunkship Of Lanterns,” a track from their first record, De-Loused In The Comatorium. The performance is a pummeling affair; Cedric flails about the stage like a free-form expressionist, while Omar—the captain on this eight man rotation —blasts from the frets like Carlos Santana being funneled through Greg Ginn.
Read More Here

Interview with Cove Reber of Saosin

“Are you going to let me in, you asshole?”

Apparently, driving a stick shift in California’s infamously hellish traffic while giving an interview over the phone is one of Cove Reber’s talents.

“Jesus! This is horrible,” he laughed to himself. “I’m trying to do an interview!”

The talent for which most people know Cove Reber, however, is his singing. Vocalist for Saosin, he joined the band about a year after its formation. Former lead singer Anthony Green left shortly after the release of Saosin’s first EP, Translating The Name, in 2004 and went on to found Circa Survive. In that first year of existence when most other newborn bands are settling on band names and struggling to book gigs outside of their mothers’ basements, Saosin, aided greatly by the Internet, was already building up a loyal following. So when Green left the band and Reber replaced him, fans noticed.
Read More Here

Upcoming Show

As the population of singer-songwriters in the world steadily swells, it pays to do things a little differently. With his bizarre blend of synth lines, drum-n-bass, and acoustic guitar, Yoav sticks out like a sore thumb. Coming off a tour with Tori Amos, Yoav will be stopping at Maxwell’s in Hoboken, NJ, on Feb. 15 and NYC’s Mercury Lounge on Feb. 16.
Read More Here

Current Promotions

Pac Sun and The Aquarian Weekly bring to you the Pac Tour, featuring Envy On The Coast, The Audition, Danger Radio and Another Day Late, at the Highline Ballroom on Feb. 12.

Contest ends Feb. 7. Winners notified by phone.
Enter to win here

Ascension of the Watchers, featuring Burton C. Bell (of Fear Factory and G/Z/R) and John Bechdel (of False Icons, Fear Factory, Killing Jake, Prong, Ministry and Murder, Inc.) is hitting the Loop Lounge this Wednesday, Feb. 20. The Aquarian Weekly has your free pass so enter to win below!
Contest ends Feb. 18. Winners notified by phone.
Enter to win here

The Aquarian Weekly Presents Say Anything, with special guests Manchester Orchestra, Biffy Clyro and Weatherbox at the Nokia Theatre on March 29.
Contest ends March 25. Winner notified by phone.
Enter to win here
07:50 AM on 02/06/08
Justan
User Info.
the way that's worded it kind of sounds like cove is in mars volta. which honestly makes me sick to think about.
07:55 AM on 02/06/08
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
the way that's worded it kind of sounds like cove is in mars volta. which honestly makes me sick to think about.

Good point, fixed it. Thanks for pointing that out.
11:03 AM on 02/06/08
sevinw0rds
Polyrhythms!
User Info.
That was a pretty good interview w/ Cove...mostly, I can't believe he got all of that out while driving around California. I expected far more foul language while traversing through those atrocious highways.
01:06 PM on 02/06/08
VinceHotline
Hotline / Vince
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That was a pretty good interview w/ Cove...mostly, I can't believe he got all of that out while driving around California. I expected far more foul language while traversing through those atrocious highways.

sitting in traffic in southern california. you could write a novel between destination a and b hahaha
04:19 PM on 02/06/08
altemose09
User Info.
i saw the bamboozle pic and aqua and thought the aquabats! were playing the bamboozle.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos