|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
We were in the studio recording our first demo trying to figure out band names. None of us could agree, so jokingly we came up with Bleak Fall Barrow from the game Skyrim. We shortened it to Bleak Falls and from then on that was our name.
2. How did this band get started?
Bleak Falls started as 5 best friends who decided to start a band. Even though we are all very different and into a very different styles of music, we have found a way to throw all our influences together to make something that we feel is unique. We started in December 2011 and since then have just partied and played as much as we can. We are now releasing our music video for the song Dear Brother and our EP Another Rainy Day less then a year later.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Our influence is very ranged, from Pearl Jam and Nirvana, from grunge to Killing the Dream and early Terror of hardcore punk, all the way to the sweet sounds of Deftones.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
We would tour with blink-182 for mischief, Slayer for the stories to the grandchildren, Slipknot for the insanity, the Ramones/Misfits for the legendary times and Johnny Cash to walk the line with him.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Dominos, junk food and anything we can afford (so not much really).
6. Why should people listen to your band?
People should listen to us because we do what we do off our own backs. Every song is a story from a real experience one or all of us have felt, lived or breathed. If anyone can relate to our stuff then that is our job done no more no less.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
It would have to be Mario. Anyone who can have a full time job plumbing but also fight turtles and save princesses wins in our books
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Our mums because they rule, our friends and fans for the support and the person giving us the grammy!
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
We would change the fact that artists/bands who do what they do because they care and write about the real stuff are a dying breed. Fashion has always been a massive part of the industry, but when it gets to the point that people are telling other people its 'Uncool' to listen to what they like or that they don't look right to listen to it, that's when change is needed.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Still to come.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP is a place for bands to flourish and get recognition and also a place for people to find new band/artists to listen too and maybe even go crazy for!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
We couldn't say as we love playing all of our songs.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Going to see our guitarist Paden in america while he's away!!
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Music that reminds us of our childhood would be Motorhead, Ramones, Misfits, Johnny Cash, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Oasis, anything our parents made us listen to really.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Teleportation, does it really need an explanation why?
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Pre show rituals?? Well we always wear black jeans/shorts, maybe a few drinks...
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Despite us trying to put on a hard show, spitting, punching, jumping and flipping, we are actually quite nice mellow people. Also, Paden can't play smoke on the water. We found this out after a homeless guy approached us with a guitar before a show.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Well they say video killed the radio star, however we always listen to the radio on the way to shows and most the unsigned bands we hear are really good, so yes, if we ever got onto radio I think someone, somewhere might like us.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
We like to skate, cause mischief and drink a lot of good old english tea.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Our hidden talents..Don can talk and talk ...and talk, Ben is very good at being grumpy, Chris thinks he's a ladies man, but he's better at other stuff, Paden's hidden talent is he is very intellectual and manages to out converse/party most if not all of us, and Rudi....he's good at stuff.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |