Username
Password

02:03 PM on 11/11/12 
User Info.
Roboman
Don't Mind If I Didn't
Mering, Germany
Male - 27 Years Old
For those actually interested in how things are outside of the US and as a comparison to Sweden, I live in Germany and lose about 40% of my salary to things like taxes, social security, health insurance, etc. Income tax makes up 18 of those percent. My employer pays half of my health insurance, the other half is deducted from my salary. I had surgery on my deviated septum in May and paid a total of 40€ (10 per each day spent in the hospital). Oh yeah, and I automatically had 6 weeks of paid vacation a year upon starting my job at the ripe age of 23. I'm not sure if 6 weeks is standard for all full-time employees here, but Germans definitely make sure to use all of their vacation. During July and August it feels like some companies would be better off just shutting down temporarily due to the lack of employees available.

I think studying at most German universities is free, but here in Bavaria it costs 500€ a semester and, I kid you not, people/students have actually demonstrated in the streets against said fee.

I never had any experience as a full-time employee in the States before I moved here, but from everything I've heard about how things are there, I'm perfectly content with my decision to move.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos