AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Bonnaroo Announces Line-Up

Posted by - 11:49 AM on 02/06/08
The initial bands playing Bonnaroo have been announced. Headliners include Pearl Jam, Metallica, Jack Johnson and Kanye West.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 62
11:51 AM on 02/06/08
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
lot of people hope to be getting the led out this year. It would be bad marketing/hype building to announce them today. Tickets go on sale next weekend, so if they aren't announced by then, that would probably be it for the zeppelin rumor.
11:53 AM on 02/06/08
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
I've been looking forward to this for about 5 months.
I cant wait.
11:54 AM on 02/06/08
thebarrelboy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Oh look, Lollapalooza's headliners for the past two years. Quit biting, Bonnaroo. This is the year festivals jump the shark.
11:55 AM on 02/06/08
a morning view
deep sleeper
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Link needs to be fixed. Any why is Jack Johnson headlining every big festival this year?
11:57 AM on 02/06/08
midtown4657
Dorsey / Andy
User Info.
metallica and bonnaroo in the same sentence kinda weirds me out. but whatever. but holy shit. jakob dylan, yonder, allman bros., derek trucks, sharon jones & the dap kings, steel train, mason jennings. broken social scene, against me? shit. i may be going to bonnaroo. and david cross and mike birbiglia? damn. other than the headliners i'd love to see a lot of those. and plant, krauss and t-bone? would be sweet.
11:58 AM on 02/06/08
notoaststereo
they knew exactly what happened.
User Info.
why is Metallica on this?
12:00 PM on 02/06/08
thisismyname
User Info.
lot of people hope to be getting the led out this year. It would be bad marketing/hype building to announce them today. Tickets go on sale next weekend, so if they aren't announced by then, that would probably be it for the zeppelin rumor.

There will be a chance of at least a type of reunion. Maybe not a full blown one though. Lez Zeppelin is playing, and Robert Plant is playing, and Jimmy Page has been to the festival before for jams and such, sooo I wouldn't be surprised if the Lez Zeppelin set had some "special guests".

Strange lineup. What is it with the festivals this year? first Coachella and now Bonnaroo with underwhelming lineups. Hopefully some of the less publicized festivals will take up the slack.
12:05 PM on 02/06/08
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
The Felice Brothers will be there, as well as The Avett Brothers, so that would be enough for me.
12:05 PM on 02/06/08
live4music
Digitally Bathing
User Info.
Zep is so not playing. It would actually suck b/c I bet 80% of the tickets would be posted on ebay if that were to happen. It would create chaos. During their reunion show 25 million people applied for tickets. Bonnaroo only sells 80,000.

Oh and I already booked my RV! Has anyone been before? Are the cops hardcore if you catch my drift?
12:07 PM on 02/06/08
live4music
Digitally Bathing
User Info.
Link needs to be fixed. Any why is Jack Johnson headlining every big festival this year?
No shit, as much as I love JJ, I'm kinda over it. Every cd is the same and I'm glad he's playing but a headlining slot? Come on now, bring out Arcade Fire!
12:10 PM on 02/06/08
AsItFallsApart
Erect in defiance of god's will
User Info.
heck i'd go for the comedy alone
12:13 PM on 02/06/08
ohcalcutta13
Good friend...
User Info.
Against Me?
12:23 PM on 02/06/08
thisisadisaster
RICK FROM ALABAMA
User Info.
i still think theres a possibility zep might take the place of the superjam.
12:26 PM on 02/06/08
Roboman
Don't Mind If I Didn't
User Info.
Sounds like plenty of stuff for stoners, awesome!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos