Password

04:32 PM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 23 Years Old
Verified
if you can deal with grey days, and want to get away from extreme heat without getting colder winters, Seattle. it's got the mountains of Denver, the art culture of Austin, and also a coastline which neither has. that is ultimately the place i want to move most, but i cant afford to move cross country yet and i actually like Baltimore a lot since i just moved here, could definitely see myself staying put for the next couple years.

as far as cost of living, you could certainly do worse. rent/housing prices are easily twice as expensive here in most parts of Maryland (downtown Baltimore is actually the only place i know of that isn't super expensive) than they are in Texas or Washington.
04:46 PM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 23 Years Old
Verified
honestly ive never lived somewhere it was gloomy a lot -- i will say Maryland about now, late fall/early winter, can get like that and i do get in more really dreary moods during those times. but i feel like there are a lot more benefits that come with that. the low pressure, and whatever pacific current they get, keeps cold air out in the winter. for being so far north Seattle winters are pretty mild, and thats a major factor for me growing up in Florida, i cant stand those days in January in the northeast where skies are clear and it's colder and windy as shit. yet you probably have a better chance of snow than where i live because precipitation is at it's peak in winter there while here winter is the dry season. and everything i see about the PNW area is in general just appears to be greener than here, i dont have any factual basis behind this but it's gotta have something to do with the moisture/rain.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos