Username
Password

12:47 AM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
livingalive626
remember, remember...
Dallas
Male
You can start by crossing Austin off your list. Fuck Texas.

Possibly what I'm thinking as well. This state has beat me down and bled me dry with their ridiculous traffic fines and surcharges, backwards religious beliefs, and cash-hungry douches.
12:48 AM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
livingalive626
remember, remember...
Dallas
Male
You shouldn't drive high anyway.

I drive quite well high, thank you.
12:53 AM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
livingalive626
remember, remember...
Dallas
Male
Odds are you aren't going to leave the state, so just settle with Austin. It's supposed to be one of the most awesome, exciting, cultural, artistic cities in the US. You live like, right next door, so take a road trip and check it out yourself.

Why do you say that? I have a job that I can transfer almost anywhere in the nation to.
I have been to Austin, many times. And I love it there. I've just never lived there.
06:24 AM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
Rockwall, TX
Male - 23 Years Old
Austin
06:32 AM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
jasonisasleep
No Avatar Selected
Seattle, WA
Male
Have lived in Austin most of my life (16 years) and am moving to Seattle in 2 weeks. Austin is a great city, but I feel like my time is done here and Seattle is the place for me in the next phase of my life. I have a friend that just moved back from Denver to Austin and loves both, so I don't know there, never been to Denver. All I know is that you need to leave Dallas ASAP...and stay away from CT (lived there for a year, hated it).
06:45 AM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
I live in Dallas, and have been to Austin many many times... definitely a cool city

Even though I've never been to Denver or Seattle, I can still say with much confidence that they are both probably cooler cities... and now with the marijuana laws that have past in their respective states, I'd leave Texas if I had the choice.
07:15 AM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
Austin, TX
Male - 27 Years Old
Never been to Denver or Seattle. But I've lived in Austin all my life and wouldn't dream of moving unless it was to Chicago or San Diego. I've been to a few major cities and stayed for a while in some, in my experience, Austin has always felt like a home to me and is probably the most welcoming city for new residents in all of the country.

living in Syracuse NY my whole life i didn't really know what to expect of TX but after visiting a good friend of mine in Austin, I feel in love with the city. Lots of awesome things to do and the culture is great. I feel like its the only city in TX i would enjoy though. Im actually planning on trying to move down there since job opportunities in my city are terrible and my job now i've kind not going anywhere.
09:57 AM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
Seattle
Male - 23 Years Old
Not going for the weed. I could care less, I've never had a problem finding it legal or not. I just want a change of scenery. Dallas sucks, no inspiration or cultural progression anywhere.

Then eeeehhh, on Seattle... It's perfect during the summers, but living here year round is an emotional roller coaster... It doesn't rain as much as people say, but 3/4 of the year is a grey, gloomy mess, and it makes you not wanna get outta bed in the mornings. That being said, I love the summers here, like I said, and the winter, if you're a boarder or ski-er, is real nice due to the proximity of all the Western Canadian mountains and the mountains we have here in state, but the rest of the year is just hell. And if you are a real progressive person, you'll get along with all the people here, which, I assume you are one, otherwise you wouldn't have considered it to begin with.
10:54 AM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
kwsqd
love has torn us apart
Reading, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
Seattle is easily the best option here. Followed by Denver. Then by Austin.
12:14 PM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
lauren1234
Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Female - 22 Years Old
Probably because I was born and raised here but I would never want to live in Austin over Dallas. I think I would prefer Houston, honestly if I were to ever live in another Texas city. I like visiting Austin but I could never see myself living there. Out of your list ,though, I would chose Austin. But what is it that you're looking for in a city?
12:16 PM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
Those three, along with Vancouver and Taos, comprise my short-list of places to move to haha.

Why I'd move to Seattle, it's closest to Canada. Plus the Pacific northwest is among the best of North America.
12:22 PM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Denver, dude. I have family from Aurora, which is very close to Denver, and here's why Colorado is the shit (aside from weed):

- Pretty much zero mosquitos (my aunt's friend flipped out and jumped onto a chair at the mere sight of a single mosquito flying by)
- Low humidity (dry heat beats humid heat any day in my opinion)
- Cheap real estate (living in CO is pretty darn cheap, my sister pays barely anything for rent out there)
- Skiing (Breckenridge is all I need to say.)
- Friendly people (I dunno, I'm from New England and it seems like people in CO are more cheery and open with each other. Just nice folks)
- You get snow and you get warm weather! Best of both worlds.
12:28 PM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
livingalive626
remember, remember...
Dallas
Male
Probably because I was born and raised here but I would never want to live in Austin over Dallas. I think I would prefer Houston, honestly if I were to ever live in another Texas city. I like visiting Austin but I could never see myself living there. Out of your list ,though, I would chose Austin. But what is it that you're looking for in a city?

Whaaaat!? Houston is a terrible, gross city. I'm looking for a progressive, musical, friendly and fun place to live.
12:29 PM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
livingalive626
remember, remember...
Dallas
Male
Denver, dude. I have family from Aurora, which is very close to Denver, and here's why Colorado is the shit (aside from weed):

- Pretty much zero mosquitos (my aunt's friend flipped out and jumped onto a chair at the mere sight of a single mosquito flying by)
- Low humidity (dry heat beats humid heat any day in my opinion)
- Cheap real estate (living in CO is pretty darn cheap, my sister pays barely anything for rent out there)
- Skiing (Breckenridge is all I need to say.)
- Friendly people (I dunno, I'm from New England and it seems like people in CO are more cheery and open with each other. Just nice folks)
- You get snow and you get warm weather! Best of both worlds.

Thanks for the input man, good to hear from people who know those who live there.
12:30 PM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
cdmccomas
No Avatar Selected
The Claw
Male - 20 Years Old
I currently live in Dallas. I want to get out. I have narrowed my search for another home down to Seattle, WA, Denver, CO or Austin, TX. If you had to live in one of those three cities, which would you choose and why?
Seattle! It's perfect up here! Music is good espically the local scene, you'd love it up here!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos