We were out having fun one night, and drinking 40s of Old English Malt Liquor and I was like, "Hey, we should call ourselves Old English," and Blake was like, "No, we aren't from England," so I said, "Okay, Old York," then we added the extra E onto Olde to make it symmetrical. And Olde School.
2. How did this band get started?
Blake and I used to hang out at this live band punk rock karaoke thing, so we met there. I had a party at my loft one night and it turned into a kinda jam session and we decided we should start a band, so after many lineup changes we finally got to the formation we are now.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Classic NYHC bands - Sick Of It All, Agnostic Front, Token Entry, Underdog, Murphy's Law, Breakdown, Leeway, etc...
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Ted: Token Entry, Underdog, Into Another, Supertouch, Burn, Yuppicide, and our friends Reason To Fight.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Well, since we're all veggie/vegans and dont have much time... it seems we only eat veggie stuff at either subway, Taco Bell, Wawa, veggie burgers at Burger King... and random Chinese spots.
Ted: Frites!, Falafel, Cheese Sandwiches
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Cause we're fucking awesome! Haha, but if you like NYHC, I believe you'll like us!
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
David Beckham, 'cause he gets to bang Posh Spice.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Mike Dijan, Six Pack Jon, all the bands we've played with, our family and friends.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Nothing, the music industry is what it is. A machine for selling product and generating profits. The only thing it has to do with music is that is that is the product they are selling. They can keep all that, I just want to make music with my friends and if we can find a way to do that without going broke then that is good enough.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Playing in Den Hag Netherlands for the first time, and it was pretty packed even for us there are people in the audience that are singing along with our songs. That just felt really good seeing all these people knew our songs even though we are a relatively small band.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Alternative Press, Associated Press.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Fall of Man
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Blake: Rio, Brazil
Ted: Cape Cod Massachusetts
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Jethro Tull and Led Zeppelin
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Ted: I think being able to fly would be cool, though I suppose being able to transform into anything would be infinitely more useful.
Blake: I would love to stop time.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Blake: Not drinking anything before the show, Stretching and hanging out with people at the show...
Ted: I like to have a beer.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Ted: I used to sing in another hardcore band called BiG MiSTAKE from CT.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Ha ha, no we wouldn't flourish on the radio. Radio is the advertising arm of the music industry and since we aren't part of that, it doesn't affect us one way or another.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Blake: Travel, Direct, meet people...
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Blake: Speak Portuguese.
Ted: I'm double jointed on my left thumb and I can sail a boat.