AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Kid Finish - This is How She Held Me Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 7.75
Musicianship 8.25
Lyrics 8.25
Production 8.5
Creativity 7
Lasting Value 8
Reviewer Tilt 8
Final Verdict: 80%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.
Inside AP.net

Kid Finish - This is How She Held Me

Reviewed by: Susan Frances (02/07/08)
Kid Finish - This is How She Held Me
Record Label: Radtone Music / Media Factory
Release Date: January 2008

Few American bands can boast about being signed to a Japanese label, but California’s born and bred Kid Finish have done just that, signing to Japan’s Radtone Music / Media Factory for their debut effort This is How She Held Me. Previously, the members of Kid Finish formed the band Leftover, but with a fresh new name and self-produced debut album they sound ready to rock from one end of the hemisphere to the other. Band members Russ, Gerrard, Lloyd, Justin, and Bert have created a pop punk album that will arouse myspace users worldwide.

The swiveling guitars and stomping rhythms of “Black Velvet” are ear catching and the dance rock movements and electro pop glitz of “Girls, Guts, and Glory” emit a Boys Like Girls-perkiness. The lyrics give the guys in the audience an image to attain while putting the girls in a state of ecstasy with verses from “Girls, Guts, and Glory” like “Let’s start the story / A simple tale of girls, guts, and glory / Maybe where I could play the hero / ‘Cause you know I’d do it all for her / Just to win her over / Like I could buy her flowers / Maybe read her poetry for hours / And I swear if I wasn’t such a coward / This girl could learn to love a boy she never knew existed.” Some fans will find the words cheesy and others will identify with them wholeheartedly. Songs like “Twisted” and “She Was a DDR Diva” are pop punk enriched, whereas “London Lights” is textured with smooth billowing chords and a melodic-rock tempo as the movements rise into floral explosions and then coast gently appealing to the listener’s sense of balance. It’s like a cooker-pressure where there are moments when the steam is released into massive waves and once the pressure is released, all is calm. Kid Finish channel those emotive currents through the chord changes of “London Lights.”

Kid Finish deliver an album that promises to shake off any blues you might be feeling. Being self-produced by the band and finding a home with a Japanese record label, the music is upbeat and has a positive vibe. The band focuses on the tried and true of pop punk’s diasporas releasing happy sensations in the air. They don’t venture into much experimentation but on the bright side, you know what you are getting with Kid Finish. I can’t give you a reason to like Kid Finish more than Boys Like Girls, but Kid Finish are just as likable as Boys Like Girls.

Links MySpace | Buy

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums