07:29 AM on 11/16/12
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
What an odd occurrence of events.
08:01 AM on 11/16/12
Zummy
I'm illegal in 48 states
User Info.
Maybe, its not that they took it down but maybe it's that we crashed their servers when too many people tried to view at once. Also, I still think people have the right to be a little upset about the fact that there is not a physical preorder. Many people have said, including myself, that if there is no physical music to buy then what you are really purchasing is merchandise. A) I've never heard of a preorder just for merchandise and B) I'm willing to bet that most people would not have paid any money for t-shirt or a hoodie (i.e. if that's all the preorder was/no music)

I was on the fence about whether or not I should do a preorder and I'm glad the server crashed because when I though about it, I didn't really need any of that stuff. New music is awesome but really if it's digital only you don't need to preorder it; it isn't like it's going to run out. In fact the only part of the preorder that is likely to run out is the poster that comes with the $100 bundle. I don't know about you guys, but I think $100 dollars for some merch and a poster seems extremely high. If they make something physical with this (preferably a vinyl) I'll buy in a heartbeat. Until then I'm waiting for iTunes.
08:50 AM on 11/16/12
15 Step
User Info.
i'd rather waste my money on the digital download to get a nice quality 320kbps version directly from the band, instead of waiting for itunes to get a subpar "mastered for itunes" 192kbps version.
09:22 AM on 11/16/12
irememberhallow
User Info.
It's on, it's removed, things will be said, things won't be said. WHYYYY CAN'T I JUST ORDER IT. STOP PLAYING WITH MY EMOTIONS!!
09:50 AM on 11/16/12
bobcatbob18
Hang your secrets
User Info.
I'm thinking UMG has something to do with this. I know ties appear to be cut to Blink but maybe it was a contractual issue such as "the artist cannot release music for X amount of months". Labels do stupid shit like that.
09:51 AM on 11/16/12
TorontoMatt
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Pre-orders go live now...psych!
09:54 AM on 11/16/12
TheModernAge
User Info.
Such a disappointment there are no physical copies. I'm not gonna do the fucking pre-order just to get the lamest blink-182 shirt and hoodie that I've ever seen. Totally wish they were releasing this on vinyl.
10:06 AM on 11/16/12
YOUAREtehSCENE
User Info.
Maybe, its not that they took it down but maybe it's that we crashed their servers when too many people tried to view at once. Also, I still think people have the right to be a little upset about the fact that there is not a physical preorder. Many people have said, including myself, that if there is no physical music to buy then what you are really purchasing is merchandise. A) I've never heard of a preorder just for merchandise and B) I'm willing to bet that most people would not have paid any money for t-shirt or a hoodie (i.e. if that's all the preorder was/no music)

I was on the fence about whether or not I should do a preorder and I'm glad the server crashed because when I though about it, I didn't really need any of that stuff. New music is awesome but really if it's digital only you don't need to preorder it; it isn't like it's going to run out. In fact the only part of the preorder that is likely to run out is the poster that comes with the $100 bundle. I don't know about you guys, but I think $100 dollars for some merch and a poster seems extremely high. If they make something physical with this (preferably a vinyl) I'll buy in a heartbeat. Until then I'm waiting for iTunes.
plus no a days you can find all music online anyways without paying for it also. so either way.
10:07 AM on 11/16/12
YOUAREtehSCENE
User Info.
i'd rather waste my money on the digital download to get a nice quality 320kbps version directly from the band, instead of waiting for itunes to get a subpar "mastered for itunes" 192kbps version.
iTunes is 256 still!
10:08 AM on 11/16/12
YOUAREtehSCENE
User Info.
I'm thinking UMG has something to do with this. I know ties appear to be cut to Blink but maybe it was a contractual issue such as "the artist cannot release music for X amount of months". Labels do stupid shit like that.
Look @ what there going thru http://www.pentimentony.com/
12:33 PM on 11/16/12
zildjian
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well... that was a disappointment.

Surely everyone is sick of the "limited edition blink 182 posters" thing they have been doing for the past 2 years. And using the blink logo / bunny which isnt even that great!

Hopefully for those who pre-order, the "surprise additions" are decent.
05:36 PM on 11/16/12
babyrib
Iridescent
User Info.
For those who actually got through to order, what does your credit card history say? Is the order canceled?
09:07 PM on 11/16/12
metallikunt
This Don't Look Like LAX
User Info.
I wouldn't be surprised if they make 500 or so physical copies just to throw into some of the pre-orders. Then they'll release a proper retail copy a few months down the line or when the full album drops. It'd be shitty to not be able to own a hard copy, fuck MP3s!
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums