AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Consequential Apathy: Shake Harder Boy

Posted by - 11:29 PM on 11/15/12
Punk Goes Pop 5 is #16 on the Billboard Charts? People aren't boycotting the Falling in Reverse tour? I guess if Aerosmith and Cheap Trick are still selling out arenas, there still is room for rock stars. I try to make sense of all of it this week here. Go to a record store or buy an album off Amazon or iTunes today. Go to a show, whether it's a local favorite on a tour kick-off, or a touring band passing through this weekend. Save good music or else we'll get another Issues album. Yes, I said it. Deal with it.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 80
11:31 PM on 11/15/12
xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
go make a smart decision and buy the new deftones.
11:34 PM on 11/15/12
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
go make a smart decision and buy the new deftones.
still haven't heard it. need to give it a spin this weekend. only album I haven't liked by them is Saturday Night Wrist.
11:40 PM on 11/15/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
probably the best paragraph that's ever been in a news post haha
11:52 PM on 11/15/12
Jake Denning
User Info.
Because Enter Shikari and letlive. are on the tour, that's why.
11:53 PM on 11/15/12
Adam Pfleider
User Info.
Because Enter Shikari and letlive. are on the tour, that's why.
sad that letlive. is on that tour.
12:20 AM on 11/16/12
ShotgunGold
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ok I've just read your news post.

Firstly what exactly is wrong with 'rock stars'?? By that I do mean the likes of the Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Oasis etc - big bands that have a bit of attitude and sell out stadiums. Is it because you think they are 'morally bad' people??

To be fair after a decade of rock of 'whingy emo' and 'tame indie' I wouldn't say no to a couple of years of more 'classic rock' with the in yer face, arrogant, S,D,R&R rock star. It's strange you mention Letlive because in my opinion they act like rock stars - and I think thats great.

Secondly the reason so called 'crap' music is selling more is because of one thing: 'fun'. As much as I love indie and alternative music for a lot of people it takes a long time to 'get' it (hence why it is called alternative). Mainstream pop, R&B and rock are easily accessible, and just generally fun. None of my friends listen to alternative/punk music because a lot of it now isn't like Nirvana or The Clash - they would listen to Refused "TSOPTC" and think it was utter shite. Whilst I have not listened to 'Punk Goes Pop 4' I'm presuming people bought it because it is fun and accessible.

Thirdly while Enter Shikari will probably not be as influential as Refused they are still a great band.
12:26 AM on 11/16/12
Adam Pfleider
User Info.
Ok I've just read your news post.

Firstly what exactly is wrong with 'rock stars'?? By that I do mean the likes of the Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Oasis etc - big bands that have a bit of attitude and sell out stadiums. Is it because you think they are 'morally bad' people??

To be fair after a decade of rock of 'whingy emo' and 'tame indie' I wouldn't say no to a couple of years of more 'classic rock' with the in yer face, arrogant, S,D,R&R rock star. It's strange you mention Letlive because in my opinion they act like rock stars - and I think thats great.

Secondly the reason so called 'crap' music is selling more is because of one thing: 'fun'. As much as I love indie and alternative music for a lot of people it takes a long time to 'get' it (hence why it is called alternative). Mainstream pop, R&B and rock are easily accessible, and just generally fun. None of my friends listen to alternative/punk music because a lot of it now isn't like Nirvana or The Clash - they would listen to Refused "TSOPTC" and think it was utter shite. Whilst I have not listened to 'Punk Goes Pop 4' I'm presuming people bought it because it is fun and accessible.

Thirdly while Enter Shikari will probably not be as influential as Refused they are still a great band.
this is all great. glad you participated.
12:34 AM on 11/16/12
saywhatever
User Info.
Maybe spend more of your time not being a miserable fuck all the time, and focus on the things you care about? The things you dislike are not ruining other music that you can easily enjoy instead of writing up this dribble. Do you, let people do them. And go out more so you're not always so mad/sad.
12:35 AM on 11/16/12
Adam Pfleider
User Info.
Maybe spend more of your time not being a miserable fuck all the time, and focus on the things you care about? The things you dislike are not ruining other music that you can easily enjoy instead of writing up this dribble. Do you, let people do them. And go out more so you're not always so mad/sad.

I do go out. I was at a show last night. Haha
12:36 AM on 11/16/12
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
Dude I hang out with him. HE IS SO SAD ALL THE TIME OMGZ
12:40 AM on 11/16/12
saywhatever
User Info.
I do go out. I was at a show last night. Haha
Were you pouting the entire time, thinking about this here blog?
12:41 AM on 11/16/12
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
12:46 AM on 11/16/12
saywhatever
User Info.

It's not the date I was born. Don't be an imbecile.
12:46 AM on 11/16/12
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
Yo why are you being so sad about all this stuff, this site isn't about feelings bro

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos