Password

10:08 AM on 11/16/12 
User Info.
JoeLovesMO
JoeLovesMansions
Manhattan, KS
Male - 22 Years Old
Heyoooo

I'm (hopefully) doing a year abroad next year and I'm wondering about the best place to go. (In terms of people, things to do, social life, etc etc). I'm pretty set on going somewhere in the south. Yes I am aware of rednecks/stupid southern people but the girl from Oklahoma that was in my halls last year was great and the 3 or so other southern people I have met have been great too. I know that 4 people don't represent half a country but I don't care too much about rednecks.

I'm thinking South Carolina, purely because of the bands I would get to see, other than that I have no idea.

What's the best southern state? advise me!

Thanks.

EDIT: Shit, less available unis than I though:

Bemidji State University Bemidji, MN
California State University, Long Beach Long Beach, CA
Central Connecticut State University New Britain, CT
Hawaii Pacific University Honolulu, HI
Kansas State University Manhattan, KS
University of New Mexico Albuquerque, NM
University of North Carolina Wilmington Wilmington, NC
University of Oklahoma Norman, OK
Oklahoma State University Stillwater, OK
San Jose State University San Jose, CA
Stony Brook University (SUNY) Stony Brook, NY - Wouldn't mind visiting NY, Don't wanna live there.
University of Toledo Toledo, OH
University of West Virginia Morgantown, WV
University of Wisconsin-Stout Menomonie, WI
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Whitewater, WI
12:12 PM on 11/16/12 
User Info.
transitrock
young brash hopeful
Jackson, NJ
Male - 29 Years Old
bands in south carolina? do they have those there? New York City man.
12:20 PM on 11/16/12 
User Info.
esposimi
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
Lancaster, PA
Male - 23 Years Old
My city
12:23 PM on 11/16/12 
User Info.
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
Male - 24 Years Old
Nashville, Tennessee or Atlanta, Gerogia if you actually want to see bands. I don't know who lied to you and told you South Carolina haha. I moved here four years ago and I love Nashville though... Every music scene is blowing up here.
12:42 PM on 11/16/12 
User Info.
woohoo!
There's so much room for activities
Broken Arrow, OK
Male - 22 Years Old
Nashville, Tennessee or Atlanta, Gerogia if you actually want to see bands. I don't know who lied to you and told you South Carolina haha. I moved here four years ago and I love Nashville though... Every music scene is blowing up here.
yeah i was going to say i don't think south carolina would be a wise choice if that's your goal. but yeah people in the south are very friendly as a whole. not that people elsewhere aren't, it's just a different sort of outgoing friendliness than elsewhere
12:48 PM on 11/16/12 
User Info.
qwerty22
snackin like an asshole in the usa
Maryland
Male
Heyoooo

I'm (hopefully) doing a year abroad next year and I'm wondering about the best place to go. (In terms of people, things to do, social life, etc etc). I'm pretty set on going somewhere in the south. Yes I am aware of rednecks/stupid southern people but the girl from Oklahoma that was in my halls last year was great and the 3 or so other southern people I have met have been great too. I know that 4 people don't represent half a country but I don't care too much about rednecks.

I'm thinking South Carolina, purely because of the bands I would get to see, other than that I have no idea.

What's the best southern state? advise me!

Thanks.

Doesn't matter. Wherever you go in the US, the college students will love you. They just love anyone from Europe here. Especially the ladies, if that does anything for you. Because of that, I'm sure you will have an amazing time at any school.
12:59 PM on 11/16/12 
User Info.
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
Male - 24 Years Old
yeah i was going to say i don't think south carolina would be a wise choice if that's your goal. but yeah people in the south are very friendly as a whole. not that people elsewhere aren't, it's just a different sort of outgoing friendliness than elsewhere

Its true. I prefer Philly, but Nashville is pretty much my home now. Major cities in the south are a lot like major cities in other parts of the country. Its once you get out to the middle of nowhere, regardless of where you are, that you get to see the... "flavor" of the region.
01:01 PM on 11/16/12 
User Info.
iamthealex
Meet me in Montauk.
Wiscompton
Male - 22 Years Old
I've heard good things about North Carolina.
01:03 PM on 11/16/12 
User Info.
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
Personally, if I were you I would be more interested in studying in Canada/northern US in which I would recommend Vancouver, Seattle, Chicago, Montreal, Toronto, NYC, Boston etc. I think these places are more interesting culturally but if you wanted the south I would look into Californiaor perhaps even San Antonio Texas or Phoenix AZ for something that would be a complete change of pace from the UK. All of these places have huge music scenes and at least a few notable artists.
01:10 PM on 11/16/12 
User Info.
NickIsI
I'm Only Here to Disappoint
Chesterfield, MI
Male - 21 Years Old
Alaska
01:19 PM on 11/16/12 
User Info.
allthewaysaid
Have a feeling I'll die in my20s...
Texas
Male - 22 Years Old
Da Dirty South.
01:21 PM on 11/16/12 
User Info.
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
You're gonna find great people and shitty people no matter where you go, wouldn't rule out some northern options.
01:49 PM on 11/16/12 
User Info.
brook183
@brooks_an
Southgate, MI
Male - 22 Years Old
East Motherfuckin' Lansing
02:02 PM on 11/16/12 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast