Username
Password

03:48 PM on 11/18/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Pokemon Blue, Gold, Crystal, and Pinball were my shiiiit. Loved the Stadium games for N64, too, I'm really regretting selling those when I was a kid to buy a new airsoft gun.. all we do in my suite is play smash bros and diddy kong racing on my old nintendo XD

I honestly am not sure which generation was better. Blue for nostalgia's sake, but first gen really had a few bugs and things in it that didn't make a lot of sense. 2nd was probably the best out of them all. I never got into any of the GBA games, jumped straight from 2nd gen GBC games to the 2nd gen DS heart gold XD.
04:10 PM on 11/21/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
I was really into Pokemon when they hit 251 Pokemon. After they kept adding more and more, I sortof grew up and sold everything. I still wish I would've won a $30,000 college bond for the card game, I was a couple of games away from winning it.

I wish Apple/Nintendo would work out a deal and put Gold/Silver on the iPhone, i'd spend $10 on it.

Yepp, I'll just sit here and play my Pokemon Yellow and Gold on my Android phone until Apple gets around to that :P (it's just a gameboy emulator, but luckily on android you don't need to root your phone in order to download it)
04:11 PM on 11/21/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old

Completely forgot that game existed. Was it N64? I must have sold that one too :\
11:38 AM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Weird. Generation III had I believe no pokemon I disliked. Whereas Gen 4 had 5 I didn't dislike. Gen 5 is just a slightly improved Gen 4. The pokemon are getting farther away from pokemon and closer to being just unusually colored animals.

Bingo. I don't really like any Pokemon newer than Gen II because of this. The pokemon just get worse and worse.
11:40 AM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
some of the Pokemon in 4 make me think of Yu-Gi-Oh characters. its like bitch, you gotta appeal to your old school fans too! a few of the 20 somethings who played the first games still play!

Haha tons still do! Me and my buddy bought black and white together last year together and played it nonstop, and two years before that, we bought heart gold and soul silver together and played that nonstop xD. They're addicting games. Wasn't huge into black, though.
01:55 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Last two times I played I played Crystal. I went with a 100% Eevee and Eevee evolution team and then JUST Feraligatr. It's possible. I beat the game with just a level 81 Feraligatr. The only other pokemon I had was a Pidgey because fuck not flying in Gen II.

This just reminds me how depressed I am that I found my Pokemon Crystal game but I can only find my black and white Gameboy Pocket >_>. I always hated those few gameboy games that ONLY worked on GBC haha. Probably my favorite Pokemon game, or it is at least a very close tie with Blue.

Anyways, anyone in this thread have some love for this little guy?

Ampharos, Cyndaquil, and Suicune will always be my top 3 favorites from 2nd Gen :)
01:57 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
how could someone say 5 is better than 4? god... at least 4 had a few connections with 1, 2 and 3 (Togekiss was a beast), but 5? seriously, there are like 10 acceptable pokemon, the rest are just garbage. However, Black/White gave the game a better story or they attempted one so props for that...

Mine would be 2 > 3 > 4 > 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 5

I remember playing gold on an emulator, but it was like, in corean, so i didn't understand a shit about it, though i still manage to beat it completely. I was in awe when i could go to Kanto... just too good, the best.

then generation 3 came and the color helped a lot, and you had Dive... The pokemons were awesome and the character was really cool in design.

You answered your own question right there. It's a completely new story. Even though the pokemon look like shit, they still work like normal pokemon haha. Same kind of gameplay but with a new, more unique story this time!
03:11 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
i'm a bigger magneton fan. the part steel type makes it have a defensive edge, most electric pokemon are weak on defense so that makes it more versatile. it also has ridiculously good special attack, all the electric moves pack a serious punch.

Yeah, I agree completely with your reasoning for liking Magneton more, I think my bias lies in the opinion that I just think he's the coolest-looking electric type out there aside from maybe Zapdos haha

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos