Username
Password

03:26 PM on 11/18/12 
User Info.
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
Santiago, Chile.
Male - 20 Years Old
My favorite Pokemon Game ever is HeartGold. It's simply the one with the best elements combined, as being a Gold Remake+ The 4th Generation features. It's simply excellent.
09:56 AM on 11/22/12 
User Info.
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
Santiago, Chile.
Male - 20 Years Old
There are a few that are unobtainable, or simply were many years ago. Like the legit way of finding mew (through an event in emerald) or Deoxys (in Firered). Jirachi however, didn't have an event or anything, it was just a gift with no backstory whatsoever...
01:32 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
Santiago, Chile.
Male - 20 Years Old
how could someone say 5 is better than 4? god... at least 4 had a few connections with 1, 2 and 3 (Togekiss was a beast), but 5? seriously, there are like 10 acceptable pokemon, the rest are just garbage. However, Black/White gave the game a better story or they attempted one so props for that...

Mine would be 2 > 3 > 4 > 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 5

I remember playing gold on an emulator, but it was like, in corean, so i didn't understand a shit about it, though i still manage to beat it completely. I was in awe when i could go to Kanto... just too good, the best.

then generation 3 came and the color helped a lot, and you had Dive... The pokemons were awesome and the character was really cool in design.
04:48 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
Santiago, Chile.
Male - 20 Years Old
Luxray for me (L) favorite electric ever, badass design and cool moves.
05:02 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
Santiago, Chile.
Male - 20 Years Old
Because 5 was a new game. Sure, the Pokemon were essentially recycles, but at least they didn't just add a bunch of shitty evolutions and call it a new generation. There is ton to love about it.

Well i guess i prefer that over garbage, shitty mecha pokemon uninspired and horrible as they could be (the color palettes with some of them are incredibly horrid, don't know what happened, and those legendaries? wow). And besides from that fact, generation 4 added many good mechanics to the game, and improved everything from the past ones.(i.e the Pokeathlon in HG or digging in D/P/Pt,). I don't know, i guess the pokemon design is the crucial deciding factor for me.

You answered your own question right there. It's a completely new story. Even though the pokemon look like shit, they still work like normal pokemon haha. Same kind of gameplay but with a new, more unique story this time!

Well, yeah. I don't know if they developed the concept correctly/succesfully... but Team Plasma's premise was actually logical. And N is such a cool character IMO. I can't even remember the names of the leaders of magma, aqua or galactic, (that were all awful villians, to be honest) but this one is quite unforgettable i think.

What do you guys think of the possibility of a Emerald Remake for Generation 6? (or 5). It's a speculation that's going around in the fanbase...
03:14 PM on 11/25/12 
User Info.
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
Santiago, Chile.
Male - 20 Years Old
Playing Black 2. A lot of the pokémon look awful, but plenty grow on me. And anytime I run across a new one, I'm still excited as ever.
I've got to say "Silver," "Yellow" (for the minigames and pikachu), "Sapphire, and "Pearl" are my favorites.

To anyone grobbling about any pokemon beyond the "original 150," the second generation always existed, they just were introduced over time. (In the first episode of the TV show, Ash sees Ho-oh.) I will say that this current generation of Pokémon has me hoping the next one is a ton better.

Don't forget Togepi and Marrill too. 2nd Gen pokemon introduced quite early in the Anime.
04:14 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
Santiago, Chile.
Male - 20 Years Old
I would NEVER lol--Togepi is my favorite pokemon; I just think he/she is so cute. :P

It was mine too, for a long time. And when i discovered it could evolve into togetic i was blown away. So fucking special. I still remember the first time i evolved it in Gold, i was just a kid and didn't know that pokemon existed... it was incredible.
04:17 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
Santiago, Chile.
Male - 20 Years Old
whatchu talkin bout willis? Snorlax is always a beast. give it a couple of your strongest TMs (like Earthquake and somethin weird, i dont know, Surf or Fire Blast) and everyone will have trouble killing it.

Actually, because of Generation 5, Snorlax was removed from his tier in competitive play and was downgraded as an effective wall :/ Such a shame though, it's so cool. However in game it was always useful, though i guess it was better to train a munchlax from low levels to build it better.
05:38 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
Santiago, Chile.
Male - 20 Years Old
Politoed is extremely popular though. It learns Drizzle.

It's almost banned for that ability, it's perfect for aqua teams.. Politoed was one of the few pokemon who were benefited by Gen5. :B
06:37 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
Santiago, Chile.
Male - 20 Years Old
Doing mine :B

1st Gen:

2nd Gen:

3rd Gen:

4th Gen:

Shaymin Sky Forme is so cool. Really like that design.

And Yeah, basically i've got a thing with Fire Starters and Flying Pokes.
05:32 AM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
Santiago, Chile.
Male - 20 Years Old
Got my 3DSXL yesterday so started HG. Team at the moment:

Totodile - Level. 11 (first time choosing an Aqua-Starter in my life, and it surely delivers, and it's design's so cool)
Pidgey - Level 10
Caterpie - Level 10 (i wanted it to learn bug bite before evolving it, but i guess i fucked it up with Butterfree's "confusion" atk)

- Haven't beaten the 1st Gym leader though, but i totally crushed Silver.
02:35 PM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
Santiago, Chile.
Male - 20 Years Old
I'm on Silver. just caught a Heracross within 10 minutes, it usually takes me at least an hour to find one. thank you Gastly for knowing Mean Look and Hypnosis. my team so far:

Pokemon I'm keeping
-Cyndaquil, level 23 (waiting to learn Flame Wheel before evolving him)
-Heracross, level 11 (he packs a mean Fury Cutter already)
-Gastly, level 18 (His special attack and speed are off the chain, he'll be dominant once i can get him some better moves)

other Pokemon
-Bellsprout, level 14 (stopped training him once i realized you don't get a Leaf Stone from a trainer in this game, that's only Crystal version)
-Furret, level 16 (i just wanted one but he has no real use in my party from here on out)
-Pidgey, level 12 (only trained so i could catch Gastly using Gust. my Cyndaquil's Ember was too strong)
-Togepi, level 5

I've been catching pretty much every pokemon i see since i haven't played in awhile. Want to see how close i can get to catching all 251 (minus Celebi.) now it's on to Goldenrod with my Pokemon team beginning to take shape. planning to have Gastly actually able to attack normal types (when he learns Night Shade), my Cyndaquil evolved to a Quilava with Flame Wheel (bug catching contest will be the main training spot), and my Heracross stronger before taking on Whitney.

Whitney is hard. That fucking miltank can crush everything at that point in the game xD But it was a great Gym battle back in those days. It's still a pain in HG...
09:48 AM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
Santiago, Chile.
Male - 20 Years Old
I want to train a Grass pokemon... but in Heartgold, the only one available until Goldenrod is like Hoppip... Is it worthy? Is Jumpluff worthy?
10:32 AM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
Santiago, Chile.
Male - 20 Years Old
not really, speed is its only impressive stat and you have to deal with Hoppip being shitty until you can get the TM for Headbutt, so you pretty much are waiting until Goldenrod anyway. isn't Bellsprout another early pokemon in that game, you could eventually have Victreebel. Bellossom is also an option, Oddishes are in Ilex forest and you can get the Sun Stone shortly after that -- Sunflora's good too, also evolves by sun stone, Sunkern is in the National Park north of Goldenrod

Yeah, also that 4x Weakness to Ice is no good... I'm in Goldenrod at the moment, but yeah, nothing convinces me very much. Maybe a fire could be interesting, maybe growlithe... i don't know, i'm choosing to be more varied this time, already choosed Totodile as the starter, training a Gastly... etc...
01:48 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
Santiago, Chile.
Male - 20 Years Old
Growlithe's cool if you can get a Fire Stone before late in the game, but if not, completely worthless.

train it at least until it learns Flame Wheel before evolving it though, you'll regret not having a good fire move if not

Already catched one. I always thought it's movepool kinda sucked but meh... arcanine is so awesome, and i've never trained one to it's fully extent so i'm pumped for it.

Also, was thinking on getting Scyther, does it deliver? and maybe get rid of Butterfree, Mareep and Pidgey from my team... I wanna try new things...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos