Username
Password

03:41 PM on 11/18/12 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
First and Second generation are my favourite pokemon. Favourite game's HeartGold. always thought Gold/Silver were the best games, I mean come on, 16 badges.., so having it updated with all the other pokemon and new graphics was perfect.
07:03 AM on 11/19/12 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
seriously though, how fucking cool is bulbasaur. fuck you charmander kids.
11:34 AM on 11/21/12 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
I liked Red/Blue because of its simplicity: 151 Pokemon.

There are now 650 Pokemon, which is way too many to wrap your head around.

A question for you Pokegeeks, can you find all 650 in the latest game, Black/White2? Or do you need to play other versions and trade them in?
you can never find all the pokemon in one game. I think there's still some pokemon that are impossible to legally get.
11:15 AM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
I think three is easily the worst.
11:16 AM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
i think part of what makes Gen 3 so hard is the fact that Gym Leaders and Elite Four trainers really accounted for their weaknesses well. i cant think of many examples, but one that stood out to me is i always used to forget about Altaria when i fought the Flying-type trainer. you think you're golden if you just use an electric pokemon, and then not only does she have a part-dragon who is more resistant to electric moves, but it also knows Earthquake. total wtf moment the first couple times i played through Ruby.
this was one thing I really liked about it though.
11:26 AM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
I get not liking it, but saying it's worse than five and four? Everyone is entitled to their opinions but really? Worse than four?
Yeah, might be just a case of bad memory but I never really enjoyed them all that much, in terms of gameplay and the new pokemon and I haven't replayed it since because I wasn't a big fan then. It's been a while since I've played four as well but from what I remember I thought it was better than three, can't think of any thing too bad about it. and I've been playing 5 recently and that's pretty good. So I'm just basing my opinion on memories so take it for what it is..
11:27 AM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
no i know, that's what i'm saying. Gens 1 and 2 were hard when i first started playing them but now when i play through them, i like never lose, beat the elite four and all the gym leaders on my first try, etc. Gen 3 is the first one that poses a challenge every time you play it and thats what makes it the best pokemon generation to me
Yeah, I got that you meant it was a positive, I just meant for me, as someone who didn't like them much, that was one thing I really did like.
01:12 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
Weird. Generation III had I believe no pokemon I disliked. Whereas Gen 4 had 5 I didn't dislike. Gen 5 is just a slightly improved Gen 4. The pokemon are getting farther away from pokemon and closer to being just unusually colored animals.
I think the only pokemon I really liked from gen III was Torkoal. Rayquaza was the only decent legendary.

Although I don't know of a single person who grew up playing that lists 4 or 5 higher than 1, 2, or 3.
01:13 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
reading through this page reminded me I did like a few of them though, Flygon was cool.
04:41 PM on 11/26/12 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
Wanted to do a Top 5 list but that is impossible so I'm doing a Top 5 of each relevant generation.

Generation I:

1. Victreebell
2. Articuno
3. Snorlax
4. Kingler
5. Rhydon

Generation II:

1. Bayleef
2. Ariados
3. Crobat
4. Entei
5. Houndoom

Generation III:

1. Ludicolo
2. Pelipper
3. Sceptile
4. Breloom
5. Swalot/Grumpig

Generation I and III were extremely hard although looking through the list I was reminded why II is my least favorite of the first two, pokemon wise.
I'm doing this tomorrow.
06:40 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
Gen 1:

Gen 2:

Gen 3:

Gen 4:

Gen 5: