Username
Password

11:40 AM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
some of the Pokemon in 4 make me think of Yu-Gi-Oh characters. its like bitch, you gotta appeal to your old school fans too! a few of the 20 somethings who played the first games still play!

Haha tons still do! Me and my buddy bought black and white together last year together and played it nonstop, and two years before that, we bought heart gold and soul silver together and played that nonstop xD. They're addicting games. Wasn't huge into black, though.
11:44 AM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Stay Hungry, Stay Free, Stay Lucky
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
How is Arbok not an oddly colored animal?

It is. It just doesn't suck.
11:48 AM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
It is. It just doesn't suck.

yeah and it doesn't learn Poison Beam Explosion or whatever ridiculous moves they come up with these days.
11:49 AM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
yeah and it doesn't learn Poison Beam Explosion or whatever ridiculous moves they come up with these days.

Yeah the moves have gotten too ridiculous.
11:51 AM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
Gen 3 had Sharpedo. That's all I need.

Breloom had a nasty Sky Uppercut. that was such an awesome surprise, the first time i played i figured "meh, might as well check out this game's premier grass pokemon", and then while still having Mega Drain and his Spores ability, suddenly i also get this epic fighting pokemon with its ridiculous Attack stat and im like WHOA, COOL
11:55 AM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
Breloom is the shit. But Ludicolo will always be my favorite.
11:57 AM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
TX/NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
Ludicolo was great.
11:58 AM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
Surf, Sunny Day, Solarbeam, and Ice Beam? Hell yeah xD Anything I can put Ice Beam on I immediately love.
11:59 AM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
think of the possibilities with Flygon: Dragon Claw, Flamethrower, Earthquake, Giga Drain

and they're fast as shit so they're likely to get first strike. give it Charcoal to power up that Flamethrower, and it's even making short work of its biggest weakness, ice pokemon. if it's a water/ice hybrid, just giga drain some health back, to make up for that ice beam that nearly killed you.
12:01 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
Flygon and Salamance were great as well xD

Salamance - Dragon Claw, Flamethrower, Earthquake, and Fly. xD
12:03 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
Milotic is my favorite pokemon that ive ever had in any of the games though. are you guys aware of what you have to do to get one?
12:05 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
You have to max out the beauty of a Feebas, right? I probably couldn't pick just one favorite xD
12:06 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
Haha tons still do! Me and my buddy bought black and white together last year together and played it nonstop, and two years before that, we bought heart gold and soul silver together and played that nonstop xD. They're addicting games. Wasn't huge into black, though.

there just isnt a game with more replay value. i always find myself wanting to go back to it and beat it with a really crazy team, sometimes i try to beat it with a completely unbalanced team like two fire pokemon and a normal one and no electric or grass types, and see what kinds of challenges i run into.
12:08 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
there just isnt a game with more replay value. i always find myself wanting to go back to it and beat it with a really crazy team, sometimes i try to beat it with a completely unbalanced team like two fire pokemon and a normal one and no electric or grass types, and see what kinds of challenges i run into.

Last two times I played I played Crystal. I went with a 100% Eevee and Eevee evolution team and then JUST Feraligatr. It's possible. I beat the game with just a level 81 Feraligatr. The only other pokemon I had was a Pidgey because fuck not flying in Gen II.
12:13 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
You have to max out the beauty of a Feebas, right? I probably couldn't pick just one favorite xD

yep. gotta find a bazillion Chesto berries and make a ton of blue pokeblocks first.

then you have to go find a Feebas -- they are only in one body of water in the whole game (the River between Mauville City and Forttree City), and of the 400+ "tiles" of space your player can Surf on this river, Feebas is only found in 6 of them. these 6 spots are randomly generated in every save file (so never in the same place as you found them before), and they can be anywhere, they're not like next to each other, you have to literally move one step at a time and fish for like 3 different pokemon before you can say there's not a Feebas there. then move to the next one, etc. and hope that you didn't miss a spot where you could have found one if you kept fishing.

then, you probably can't catch just one. the only way you could feed it enough blue pokeblocks to max its beauty, is if it already has a Nature that boosts its Special Attack, so you need to catch like 15 of them once you've found a fishing spot, and then go through and hope that one of the ones you caught has a Modest, Mild, Quiet, or Rash nature, or else it will never evolve into a Milotic.

you could spend days trying to do this and never find the right Feebas, you have to be willing to waste like a couple hours and hope you get lucky. so when i finally got one it was like the only thing i trained, it just dominated in the Elite Four

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos