AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts
01:25 AM on 11/19/12
thekazeblade
User Info.
Saosin hasn't been relevant since 2006. Not to mention Justin was a complete douchebag to Tilian on the Sao Forums when they were still up to the point that the rest of the band had to apologize for him being a jerk.

And really, they have a sound that was unique back when they first rolled out in '03, but the rest of the post-hardcore scene caught up with them fast, but they didn't evolve as a band or as musicians. Translating the Name was awesome, and the Self-Titled was good, but after that, it became evident that they were sapped of creativity and had just become generic. Even the demos Tilian did with the band weren't all that fantastic, and it was obvious they didn't know how to accommodate Tilian's talent.

Tilian's voice is really unique, and I was very sad that he left Tides of Man in the first place to pursue Saosin, but I'm glad he's not going to be a part of it. I think DGD will be more willing to alter what they are as a band to accommodate Tilian as opposed to Saosin, and as such, are more willing to embrace change in order to become relevant again. Not to mention the solo stuff he's put out is really awesome. I'm very excited to hear their new stuff.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos