Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts.
08:56 AM on 11/19/12
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
Am I the only one who doesn't like Tilian's voice? It seems like bands that I like are making an effort to replace amazing singers with sub-par ones. He seems like a cool dude but Cove, Anthony and Jonny are all miles above this guy.

You're not alone. (No pun intended). I don't care for this guys high pitched whine at all. And honestly, anyone trying to call Saosin irrelevant and DGD great has a misconstrued vision of talent. Aside from Will and Jonny, everyone else involved with that band were/are sub-par musicians. And they will never reach a level that Saosin hit even if now they aren't as big.

Really, the hype behind this guy is too much.
09:59 AM on 11/19/12
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
Saosin is irrelevant right now though. You contradicted yourself.

Plus, talent has nothing to do with relevancy anyway.

Irrelevant to who? 16 year olds who think DGD is the only band in existence because they dish out albums within every 2 years? I see more demands for new Saosin than I do this band.

But when the day comes, I wouldn't prefer Tilian on their new album anyways.
11:40 AM on 11/19/12
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
Both of Saosin's full lengths are SO BLAND... Fans reactions and critical reception has not been kind to them. There is an overwhelming argument for their irrelevancy. And yes I know Translating and even the subsequent ep were legendary.

Im not replying to your comments on dgd because i dont necessarily agree/disagree with them. At least even if I or anyone else hated any dgd song, no one could ever accuse them of being boring or indistinguishable from any other bands.

Their newest full length absolutely fell short of what that band is capable of, mostly due to a poor performance from Cove. But to say their first full length with him was bland is insulting. The song structuring and vocals on that album far surpass anything DGD has done, and it's sold better as well. Saosin has a much wider fan base thanks to that album and everything they did with Anthony before that is untouchable.

It takes more than a flashy guitarist and a ginger singing about bitches to be considered a great band in my eyes.
11:44 AM on 11/19/12
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
I will never understand how people think Jon Mess is good

Agreed. The fact that he doesn't even really have a scream, but more so just a rasp noise, and his lyrics which don't really ever make sense.. The dude really isn't even a vocalist.

I even recall him saying once that he laughed at a fan for getting his lyrics tattoo'd because the fans read the stuff and think its gold on paper when none of it is serious.
12:29 PM on 11/19/12
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
dance gavin dance are great in my book because of songs like carl barker, dont tell dave, and uneasy hearts weigh the most. if jonny dgd is all youve listened to, kurt dgd is rather refreshing.

I do listen to some of their stuff still. I won't say that I don't like all of their work, and Kurt on record did well. Though his live show wasn't that great.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests