Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts.
10:01 AM on 11/19/12
Micah511
Let's Talk About Your Hair
User Info.

this video of lemon meringue tie proves that tilian is better at singing Jonny songs than Jonny himself.. He kills it. He can also write a catchy vocal melody, which Jonny hasn't done since the first dtbm. Tilian with dgd and Kurt with allb is great for the scene. I've recently understood that dgd with Kurt was way better than dgd without him, so if they can't get him back, tilian is the next best thing.
11:14 AM on 11/19/12
Micah511
User Info.
spoken like someone who's never listened to emarosa or jonny's solo work.
hilarious, because ive listened to all of it. i used to be a jonny fanboy. look, i like emarosa, but their entire first album has 2-3 maybe memorable vocal melodies. a melody is different than having a great voice. hes just not that good at writing catchy songs. it got a little better on the second album, but that might be due to emarosa dumbing down the instruments to make it easier to write melodies. Solo material? The best song of his solo career was one written with the guys from Closure in Moscow. DGD's DTBMII does not have a single memorable chorus, which is why i say the albums with kurt are better. he might not be as talented of a singer, but i can remember every hook of every song he sang with DGD, which is way more than i can say for jonny.
11:42 AM on 11/19/12
Micah511
User Info.
Their newest full length absolutely fell short of what that band is capable of, mostly due to a poor performance from Cove. But to say their first full length with him was bland is insulting. The song structuring and vocals on that album far surpass anything DGD has done, and it's sold better as well. Saosin has a much wider fan base thanks to that album and everything they did with Anthony before that is untouchable.

It takes more than a flashy guitarist and a ginger singing about bitches to be considered a great band in my eyes.
dance gavin dance are great in my book because of songs like carl barker, dont tell dave, and uneasy hearts weigh the most. if jonny dgd is all youve listened to, kurt dgd is rather refreshing.
05:30 PM on 11/19/12
Micah511
User Info.
where is the article or whatever this news came from?
I saw it on tilians twitter.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums