Username
Password

Comments: Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 212
04:40 PM on 11/19/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It blows my mind you constantly get so worked up about defending this band. There's a lot of better things you can be doing with your time. A bands popularity with unintelligent teenagers should have nothing to do with being considered an "artist of the year". What other credentials does this band possess besides the ability to be popular?

I don't get why people get so worked up about hatin them.

They blew up, and they're huge in the scene. You can't deny that they had an absolutely huge year.
04:44 PM on 11/19/12
Djentleman
User Info.
One of the editors (Scott Heisel) was saying on Twitter how he was so glad that AP doesn't cover the nu metal scene anymore (Papa Roach, Puddle Of Mudd, etc.) I'd rather read about those bands any day over who they usually champion on the cover these days (Falling In Reverse, The Wonder Years, Dance Gavin Dance, A Day To Remember, etc.) It's like they constantly have to pander to the redneck warped tour crowd.

Dance Gavin Dance were never on the cover & how the fuck are those bands considered redneck?!
04:46 PM on 11/19/12
MALKiiN
User Info.
horrible magazine. it's still living off shit that was 'cool' in 2004. 96% of the pages in that magazine are for bad music, then you get to the reviews section and it's over 50% of reviews for worthwhile music. aren't their reviewers emabrrassed about the other 96% of the pages since they actually review some relevant music half the time???safe to say i will not be renewing my subscription when it expires next month
04:49 PM on 11/19/12
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
Like I said; fun. wouldn't get this because of their success mainstream wise... Alt Press focuses more on "underground" bands.

TWY havent arguably done anything more this year than last year, and none of the other bands you mentioned are nearly popular enough to get the Alt Press band of the year award.

FIR has become huge, they've been playing large venues, gaining tons of attention, at Warped they did better than most of the bands there.

If warped is any indication, pierce the veil played to crowds of 8000+ people. As far as jump In populsrity, PTV definitely had a bigger one.

TWY went from playing tiny venues to a mostly sold out tour.

As far as fun. goes, bigger success shouldn't rule them out, specially since they worked pretty damn hard for it and were even more unknown than falling in reverse prior to that. Ronnie had a fan base, hype, and a main stage stint that was given to him without any work, fun. lucked out with getting their single picked up.

To even compare the achievement of the two bands is ridiculous.

And that's all without mentioning the personal shenanigans Ronnie has pulled recently. Nothing against his jail sentence, but the ISS situation, the domestic violence, and the six flags fiasco should make anybody second guess him as a contender.
04:51 PM on 11/19/12
Jigglypuff
User Info.
In 2006, Ronnie was involved in an altercation in Las Vegas that resulted in the fatal shooting of 18 year-old Michael Cook. While Ronnie did not shoot Cook, he was indicted on battery charges, while the man who shot him was charged with self-defense. These charges against Ronnie, combined with Ronnie's past troubles with narcotics and rehab, led to a sentence of five years probation. He failed to report to his parole officer and was arrested in June 2008, where he was sentenced to two years in prison. At the time, Ronnie was the lead singer of post-hardcore band Escape the Fate, which had released its debut album, Dying Is Your Latest Fashion, in 2006. Following Ronnie's incarceration, Escape the Fate asked him to leave and replaced him with former blessthefall singer Craig Mabbit. Max Green, bassist of Escape the Fate, stated about Ronnie's law problems that, "First we couldn't tour out of the country, then out of the state."
Ronnie was released from prison on December 12, 2010.[17]
Ronnie was later allegedly arrested on August 6, 2012 for domestic abuse and now has been released on bail.
On October 31st, 2012, Ronnie was arrested and was charged with Simple & Aggravated assault following a show at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, NJ. Towards the end of the band's performance, Ronnie threw three microphone stands into the crowd. Two fans were hit and sustained head injuries. He has posted bail and was released.[18] After this incident, Six Flags Great Adventure officials announced a ban on all future metal concerts.

I was referring to not being convicted of hitting his gf, but congrats on discovering Wikipedia
04:53 PM on 11/19/12
SuchAPerson22
bert macklin, FBI
User Info.
I only get AP sometimes for the pictures.
And then I draw on the faces of everyone I don't like. This is sure to be a Sharpie-filled issue.
05:14 PM on 11/19/12
Aphasia17
Koi No Yokan
User Info.
Every time I see a news post about AP it makes me more glad that I stopped reading it a few years ago.
05:51 PM on 11/19/12
zporter92
User Info.
So, you seriously don't think Falling In Reverse had a huge year? Because if so, you'd be wrong there.

It blows my mind nobody understands that Falling In Reverse are so much bigger than TWY or The Story So Far or whatever.

They had a big year, period. Whether you like them or not is irrelevant to that.
You're right, they had a big year, especially for their scene. The majority of people on here just hate them, because apparently Ronnie Radke personally offended each and every one of them, and they wish nothing but the worst for him and his band. You're fighting a losing battle, but I agree with you haha
06:02 PM on 11/19/12
isntnikione
I've never heard of you either!
User Info.
christ i despise what this music scene has turned into... so glad I grew out of it.
06:07 PM on 11/19/12
marchofmarty
SPINE, THIGH, AND BREAST
User Info.

I thought the exact same thing after reading this and the thing about Taylor Swift.

Would be nice if personal opinions were left for the replies and out of the news post...
06:09 PM on 11/19/12
MXP
aka Max Phillips
User Info.
FIR sucks. Who gives a shit if they blew up. The Wonder Years or fun. deserve the AP BOTY award, but now my faith in AP Mag is sooooo little now....
06:35 PM on 11/19/12
Basketcase
User Info.
who the fuck are these guys?
06:54 PM on 11/19/12
kapy53
Rad Dude
User Info.
See the problem isn't really if the band is good or not, if AP wants to be for middle school kids fine. The PROBLEM is they are NOT a band you should glorify for middle schoolers! It's one thing to go to jail and come back a different person, he didn't. Beating women is NOT okay. Man, remember when The Wonder Years had this last year?
06:57 PM on 11/19/12
Ponyboy
i'm stayin gold
User Info.
You're right, they had a big year, especially for their scene. The majority of people on here just hate them, because apparently Ronnie Radke personally offended each and every one of them, and they wish nothing but the worst for him and his band. You're fighting a losing battle, but I agree with you haha
He's a shitty human...Couple that with the band being bad and you get hate. How can you defend somebody who hits women?
07:14 PM on 11/19/12
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
User Info.
laugh my fucking ass off

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT