Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
10:07 PM on 11/19/12
StepsInADance
http://taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com/
User Info.
because they really aren't a scenecore band anymore. not even close.
Neither are Every Time I Die, Underoath, etc... It's not like only scenecore bands (dumb term btw) can play warped. That's really the only crowd that's gonna take them in.
11:11 PM on 11/19/12
StepsInADance
http://taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com/
User Info.
Yeah, but ETID and Underoath can't/couldn't draw for shit. These are bands that went from playing to '0000s every night to '000s and Warped is/was a good way for them to still play to huge crowds. BMTH on the other hand are more or less at the top of their popularity AND they're apparently going for a new sound. I woulda thought that they'd wanna have a huge headliner where they could have a show with all the theatrics and pick specific openers and kinda go all out, especially considering they've been more or less under the radar for the last year or so.

I can't complain because like I said, this might be the only time I'd pay the ticket price to see this band, but I mean, I was under the impression that BMTH were trying to distance themselves and do their own shit.
Opting to do a big headlining tour over Warped isn't the same as distancing yourself from the warped scene. The people who would attend their headliner are the same people (for the most part) who would attend next year's Warped. Aside from their popularity increasing their fanbase is still essentially the same, their sound is still one that fits really well with the Warped scene.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests