AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts
07:22 PM on 11/22/12
justbradley
User Info.
Wall of text is.....ugh. And you used the word "generic" so many times it's become, well, generic.
Well, that's pretty much what the album is -- generic. Just because I said it a lot doesn't make it any less true, well, in my opinion, anyway.
05:38 PM on 11/23/12
justbradley
User Info.
You think that Hance's vocals deserve 1/10? Sorry, but you're deaf...This guy have a really nice voice and he fits well in music like this. Im not the biggest fan of this album, but I would give a solid 6/10. I know that you wanna be funny and sarcastic, but dont forget to be objective next time
Well, to be honest, he's a good vocalist, but he's barely on the album. I can't give his vocals a huge score when he's not even on the album. When I count vocals, I count both screams and cleans, and well... Their screamer is terrible, so I'm not going to rate vocals a six, despite Hance being great. If he was featured more on the album, I would've given the vocals a six, hands down. This review was more funny and sarcastic than "serious," and I do understand what you mean, but I accounted for both vocalists, rather than just one.
07:16 PM on 11/24/12
justbradley
User Info.
I stopped after the first sentence because of that presumption.
Funny how after I wrote that sentence, I explain who the band is, but okay.
07:17 PM on 11/24/12
justbradley
User Info.
I don't know what to take more seriously, this band or this review.
Funny how Jack's review has the same score as mine, and had a lot of the same things to say about this album, too. This isn't my most serious review, either; it was meant to be humorous, with some subtle truths behind it.
07:19 PM on 11/24/12
justbradley
User Info.
Its not about vocals only, I think rating this album 5/100 is a little unfair. Of course its generic, but almost all bands like this are generic today. Its short, energetic kick of some metalcore stuff with very nice clean vocals imo, thats it. Nothing special, but I think new Parkway Drive album is as same generic as Genesis, and everyone love it. Just because its Parkway ;)
You do have a point there; the new Parkway album is rather generic, but there are moments where it does step outside the boundaries. Woe Is Me don't even attempt to, and it's just your straightforward chug-a-thon. There aren't any attempts to creativity here. Parkway Drive are at least trying to get metal fans to take them more seriously, and not just classify them as a scene band.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos