Username
Password

06:08 PM on 11/20/12 
User Info.
Kassie09
in the empire business
Pittsburgh, PA
Female - 23 Years Old
I work with mentally disabled adults and my job is to help assimilate them into the community and to do presentations to local companies and the government to secure funding since my company is a non profit organization.

I'll get to go to the movies, out to eat, take the adults to jobs, out shopping, etc.

The not so fun part is spending weeks going to meetings and pitching proposals to people so they write a check for the company
Luckily I don't do that part alone.

I respect your job a ton, glad you do it so they don't have to live in institutions/can live on their own or in community homes! I love taking my clients on outings.

Anyway back to the thread's discussion:
my job when I'm home from college is taking care of severe mentally disabled adults in a big institution (it's like a nursing home except we do fun shit and it's not that depressing cause they're not just there to die and they get top of the line care cause we're ran by nuns and they don't fuck around).

I only hate my job cause it's sad sometimes, it's gross sometimes, and it takes a lot of physical strength i don't have. Mainly it just sucks cause sometimes I get stomach bile from feeding tubes or trach secretions on me and that's pretty disgusting. Also one time I got bit. That sucked.

but otherwise i love my boys and can't wait to see them over christmas break! yay!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos