Username
Password

08:32 PM on 11/20/12 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
I love my job at Cartoon Network. I get to watch cartoons and play games all day while also doing fun design work. 100% serious.

Ugh I hate you.

Curious, what did you study for 6.5 years, and what do you do there?

I just decided this year to pursue a job like yours, given where I live I think I should take advantage of that. But, I think I need to finish school first. Getting an English degree (my love and eventually I just want to teach) and a second in Marketing. I want to do PR or even assistant work in a studio. Page. Anything.

Right now I work for a medical management company in the legal department. I hate that I'm so good at my job and keep getting more and more responsibilities because its so dumb. I'm trying to build myself up to move to the marketing department so I can eventually take that experience to a more creative business in LA, but my boss is not even trying to let me go.

I don't know what to do. Blargh.
04:47 PM on 11/21/12 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
I went to Georgia Tech and got my undergrad in Computational Media and my Masters in Human-Computer Interaction. I'm now a User Experience Architect that is responsible for the layouts, functionality, and overall user experience of the website, mobile sites, and some of our mobile games we're starting to put out.

Oh okay, yeah I'm definitely not interested in stuff like that haha. That's awesome though, you're living proof of working hard for something awesome that makes everyone else jealous!
04:50 PM on 11/21/12 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
Well, I'm 30 and spent from 16 to 25 focused solely on playing in bands and trying to further my music career. I had a lot of great experiences, and released some great music, but at 25 I started to realize that it may just not happen for me. I am not really interested in a lot other than music career wise, but I finished my bachelors in psychology hoping that I would grow to love it as much as I do music and find something within the field to make a career out of. I was working on a masters degree in counseling, but realized that it wasn't really what I want to do. The last 5 years have seen me getting married, buying a house, growing with my company that I started working at when I was 25 which has enabled me to move across country (from Austin, TX to CT and back to Austin, TX) for job promotions. I am moving to Seattle next week for another promotion (and because my wife and I really want to live in Seattle) and I will be the first to admit that I do not love my job in the least. The worst of times I hate it, the best of times I can tolerate it. Hopefully this new position will be a bit better, but I do not expect to find love or passion within this "career" path. I hope to start playing music again in Seattle as I have some connections and people that want to jam up there, and hopefully that will bring me the happiness I lack in my career. I am still holding onto the idea that I will one day get to do what I love for a living, but until then, I've got a family to provide for and bills to pay.

Amen, man, god help us.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version