Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts.
07:18 PM on 11/20/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
August and Everything After by Counting Crows is such a timeless album for me that it means something new to me each time I listen to it. Its impact in my life is what makes it classic.
09:36 PM on 11/20/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Personal Classics

Counting Crows - August And Everything
Saves The Day - In Reverie
Dinosaur Jr - Where You Been
Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American
American Steel - Jagged Thoughts
No Use For A Name - More Betterness
Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends
Brand New - The Devil and The God Are Raging Inside Me
Coldplay - A Rush Of Blood To The Head
07:51 AM on 11/21/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
tbc or swya will be remembered as std's classic(s), but in reverie really has thr most musical prowness. swya though is just flawless to me as an album.
IT was hard for me to choose. I would never choose tbc as their classic but I do think swya probably is their biggest universal classic. For me personally both SWYA and In Reverie are very special. I think I choose In Reverie is because I can end long nights with it really well. As good as tbc was good for what it was Saves The Day only got better. swya and in reverie are high points on their discography and the trilogy were not as good in my opinion but had some great songs and I personally liked them more than tbc. Daybreak was std in rare form again so I really hope the band continues with their current sound and lineup.
08:59 PM on 11/21/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
agreed. tbc is good, but not std's best. swya is thier best emo/pop-rock release. like you said though, this album is special. see you, nightingale. aygtf, freakish, firefly and exit still get daily spins. in reverie is thier best indie and i'm starting to really enjoy it, espeically the title track. sound the alarm i thought was strong but suffered from redundant themes. utb felt too drawn out, but can't stay the same/radio/ and get f--ked up are still solid. . daybreak was stronger but chris' voice really gets to me on the record and the lyrics fell too drawn out again at times.
One thing that makes me love Daybreak (3rd favorite) is that it is such a complete album and has such a strong theme. The title track (11 something minutes long) sets the stage for the album. Dark to Light. It tells the story of someone who has lost it all finding his way back to love and being reborn. When I talked to Chris after their tour last year they said the album is about rebirth and some of their favorite material they have ever written. I do see where people say he does get whiny but it fits in the context of the album and honestly is one of my go to albums when I have had a rough fight with my girlfriend. Daybreak may not end up being a classic to me but I love the feelings and emotion it embodies and while I like In Reverie and Stay What You Are more I think Daybreak is their most whole and complete work.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests