AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts
04:43 AM on 11/21/12
Mrk_Brdshw
User Info.
There are a couple of different types of "classic" to me, but the most accurate for me would be an album that is very nostalgic but also timeless at the same time.

Sounds like a contradiction, but this is what I'm finding with albums that I still enjoy 5 to 10 years after I first heard them. To me, an album that fits this version of the term "classic" is an album like blink-182's self-titled record. Every time I listen to that album, it takes me back to when I first bought the CD when I was 14, listening to it on the school bus, learning the whole thing on guitar, watching the studio footage of them making the record, etc... But, at the same time, I STILL listen to that CD pretty regularly. I'm still learning new things about those songs and still thoroughly enjoy listening to it, and it's because the sound is recognizable as music from that time period, but it does not sound dated because of how unique and well-written it is.

On the other hand, you could say something that was really influential is classic, even though you don't necessarily enjoy it anymore. I won't listen to New Found Glory's self-titled record anymore because it sounds completely dated and almost childish at times, but when it first came out, I was completely in love with it, and it was very influential to me, so I guess I would have to say it was classic for that reason alone.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos