Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
01:50 PM on 11/20/12
stuckinthe90's
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Third eye blind self titled. If you really listen-and actually listen, I believe no album moving forward will have enough backing from a label, or funds from elsewhere, to be produced like that. (16 guitar tracks on one song 'the background' with $50k worth of amps alone to modify sound).

Also most Zeppelin albums come to mind.
02:58 PM on 11/20/12
stuckinthe90's
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My Bloody Valentine bankrupted people to make Loveless, and that is a far, far, far superior album.
I mean, I understand your point but Zero by teh Smashing Pumpkins has as many, if not more, guitar layers.
I think loveless is ok, but for me the self titled by 3eb really sums up the period it came from, and for me that's what makes it a classic. -prog rock, post grunge, pop, and amazing collaboration with a duo of talented people (kevin cadogan and stephen jenkins). It stands the test of time every time I listen to it (multiple times a month). I feel today the 'big hits' don't have the depth as some of the albums from the 90's that had talent (pumpkins, flaming lips, etc).

To sum up a classic is representative of its time & an album that is still just genuinely good. I may like Devo songs the best bust some Duran Duran albums are more 'classic' in that respect.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests